What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

quick notes

Rev

Forester seems to be on a good pace. Provisioner seemed to level really fast from 1 to teens.

I assume mobs drop gloves, belts and helms since that is all I have seen drop so far. All of those were drops in SNH. I have yet to see any type of armor or weapon drop off of animals in NNH so not sure if those loot tables got updated or not.

Not sure yet if I am on board with some items mostly being drop and some mostly being crafted. Just feels.... odd to me or maybe like it is trying to force a reason for both adventuring and crafting. IMO, basic crafted and normal dropped items should be fairly equal so you can obtain from either some basic items. If you use ember with crafted it becomes better than normal drops. Rare "named" type drops would then be best. All could possibly be augmented to raise them up to a mid-tier level or to add other effects/bonuses/resists that you would normally not get.

I read about the addition of augmenting coming soon. It mentions anything augmented would become bound to you. Great.. I like that. Then it mentions there would be a number of charges for the augment using a charge each time you hit the mob. What happens when the charges are up? Does the augment disappear and you can apply a different one? Does it stay attached and can only be recharged? Does the item stay bound to you after the charges are used and the augment no longer applies? Interested in seeing how this works.

Finally, I know recently you were addressing the mobs plowing their way into our groin before stopping and the player having to back up a bit. It seems to me that they stop a bit too far away now. I have had to move closer sometimes and it just feels like too much space as you can see in the screenshots. Basically I would back up and stop and this is the spacing the mob would leave. It is definitely better than them running into us and having to back up, but if it could be reduced just a smidge I think it would be better visually.

EmbersAdrift_2022.07.02.23.24.54.pngEmbersAdrift_2022.07.03.23.27.15.png
EmbersAdrift_2022.07.03.23.28.25.png

Not sure yet if I am on board with some items mostly being drop and some mostly being crafted. Just feels.... odd to me or maybe like it is trying to force a reason for both adventuring and crafting. IMO, basic crafted and normal dropped items should be fairly equal so you can obtain from either some basic items. If you use ember with crafted it becomes better than normal drops. Rare "named" type drops would then be best. All could possibly be augmented to raise them up to a mid-tier level or to add other effects/bonuses/resists that you would normally not get.
This is exactly how things currently are. Basic crafted items are on par with normal dropped items, flux bumps it up a bit, and rare items are the "best" for a given level range. Specs will likely unlock additional recipes for those slots currently "locked" behind adventuring.

I read about the addition of augmenting coming soon. It mentions anything augmented would become bound to you. Great.. I like that. Then it mentions there would be a number of charges for the augment using a charge each time you hit the mob. What happens when the charges are up? Does the augment disappear and you can apply a different one? Does it stay attached and can only be recharged? Does the item stay bound to you after the charges are used and the augment no longer applies? Interested in seeing how this works.
You can reapply an augment at any time (overwrite one or wait for it to be used up). Once an item is bound to you, it remains that way for the rest of it's "life".

Finally, I know recently you were addressing the mobs plowing their way into our groin before stopping and the player having to back up a bit. It seems to me that they stop a bit too far away now. I have had to move closer sometimes and it just feels like too much space as you can see in the screenshots. Basically I would back up and stop and this is the spacing the mob would leave. It is definitely better than them running into us and having to back up, but if it could be reduced just a smidge I think it would be better visually.
Gotcha, will have Adric poke this when he gets back. Damn npcs!

This is exactly how things currently are. Basic crafted items are on par with normal dropped items, flux bumps it up a bit, and rare items are the "best" for a given level range. Specs will likely unlock additional recipes for those slots currently "locked" behind adventuring
My comment was more about not being able to craft all equipment/weapon slots or gain them all via adventuring. If the comparison is like you say, then why limit some slots to crafting and some to adventuring? You can fill what slots you want off of adventuring and then upgrade some slots via crafting when you return from said adventuring. If crafting is only beaten by rare/boss type drops, then crafting will have a purpose and the other will fill in the cracks. People gonna kill stuff to kill it anyway.

You can reapply an augment at any time (overwrite one or wait for it to be used up). Once an item is bound to you, it remains that way for the rest of it's "life".
Sounds good. I was hoping it wouldn't have an end of life augment wise after you bind it to yourself.

My comment was more about not being able to craft all equipment/weapon slots or gain them all via adventuring. If the comparison is like you say, then why limit some slots to crafting and some to adventuring? You can fill what slots you want off of adventuring and then upgrade some slots via crafting when you return from said adventuring. If crafting is only beaten by rare/boss type drops, then crafting will have a purpose and the other will fill in the cracks. People gonna kill stuff to kill it anyway.
Because now crafters don't step on adventurers toes and vice versa. As I mentioned in the patch notes when we deployed this those who specialize in a particular field will likely gain access to recipes that were previously only obtainable via adventuring.

Probably should mention that it seems to be animals that do this, not humanoids. They can still hug ya at times.

Because now crafters don't step on adventurers toes and vice versa. As I mentioned in the patch notes when we deployed this those who specialize in a particular field will likely gain access to recipes that were previously only obtainable via adventuring.
Is it possible we can see any type of specialization for the people who choose to gather instead of doing outfitting, prospecting or provisioning?

Is it possible we can see any type of specialization for the people who choose to gather instead of doing outfitting, prospecting or provisioning?
Possible, but there's a lot less flexibility there in what the specialization does.

Back