What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Q&A - Ask all your questions here

I just bought the beta test, how do i log in? i tried my username and password i thought was correct but am i missing something? do i need to use the key code instead ?

I am new here and created my user name and password but when I try to log in the launcher is says it is not valid. Is there a different place I need to create a user name and password to be able to log into the game launcher?

When you drop items do they actually drop to the ground and stay there forever? That would be kind of cool. If you can drop items near an ember ring for the next band of adventurers to come by and pick up. You can leave food, weapons and medicine at an ember ring for the next band of strangers to pick up in case you're done with that area.

When you drop items do they actually drop to the ground and stay there forever? That would be kind of cool. If you can drop items near an ember ring for the next band of adventurers to come by and pick up. You can leave food, weapons and medicine at an ember ring for the next band of strangers to pick up in case you're done with that area.
Nope, if you try to drop you'll get asked if you want to destroy this item.

This would cause a lot of load on the servers and could easily be abused.
A very fun idea though! ;)

Are bows the only ranged weapons so far? Is there plans of other types like javelins?

We do have bow (short & long) for strikers, crossbow for supporters, and kunai as a consomable that can be used by everyone.

For the upcoming "World Breaker" event... would it be possible to give each current player a number of keys to distribute? I have 4-5 friends that have signed up, but I'm not sure if you plan to give everyone a key or if it will be a random lottery.

If I could get them all in to play together I think that would give the best chance for a "successful" experience... from the prospective of possible new customers.

For the upcoming "World Breaker" event... would it be possible to give each current player a number of keys to distribute? I have 4-5 friends that have signed up, but I'm not sure if you plan to give everyone a key or if it will be a random lottery.

If I could get them all in to play together I think that would give the best chance for a "successful" experience... from the prospective of possible new customers.
They will allow enough people to enter that makes sense for the testing of the servers. If you signed up and your friends did too. Then just hope you did before they reached the Limit of needed people.

They will allow enough people to enter that makes sense for the testing of the servers. If you signed up and your friends did too. Then just hope you did before they reached the Limit of needed people.
I have to signup even though I already have access?

And of course they will allow enough people that make sense for testing. I was simply asking if the Devs might want to give us some Friends keys.. since this is a very group centered game it can be beneficial to join with a few people that you can try to login with.

If the answer is "No" that is of course acceptable. Just asking as more info is always better.

I have to signup even though I already have access?

And of course they will allow enough people that make sense for testing. I was simply asking if the Devs might want to give us some Friends keys.. since this is a very group centered game it can be beneficial to join with a few people that you can try to login with.

If the answer is "No" that is of course acceptable. Just asking as more info is always better.
If you have a game package you do not need to sign up.

I've been watching some of the gameplay videos and it just looked kind of offsetting that people don't use torches when fighting. Will there be more mechanics on whether you have light in fights or not?
I was thinking to get players to use torches more often on encounters (and this would make more sense) that how illuminated the character is with light (mobs and players all alike) will give a higher chance of being hit. So a mob lighted up by your torch will have a +5% chance to be hit by attacks but if they're in the dark that drops to you have a -5% chance to be hit. Might sound like a nightmare to program but I'm just thinking.

So this would create different strategies for defenders, strikers and support. Strikers and support would prefer to do their thing in the shadows attacking the enemy or healing the defender, the defender would pull enemies into the light so he can hit them and others can hit the mob. There's also a strategy in case you want to run away and be hit less from mobs you can run into the shadows and even mobs can't hit you easily in the dark. Of course that requires a specific torchbearer to drop a torch or carry a torch to help illuminate the mobs for others to hit.

Note: On second thought I think players would just abuse this mechanic unless the chance to hit and miss are very small increments. Darkness will reduce chance of hitting by 5% and light will only increase chance to hit by 5%.

Alchemy

Is alchemy going to be more than chugging down potion buffs? Of course potion buffs is always nice. Just chug down about 10 potions for 10 buffs to ready yourself for an adventure into the spider caverns. But would there be more involved? Like gunpowder, poison and using fire in combat?

Item Deconstruction

To save space in your bag and to make usable materials can you destroy your own items to make other usable materials. For example tear up cloth boots to get cloth and use that cloth to make more bandages especially if you're support or you can give those cloths to a support?

Last edited:
@innosa
I've been watching some of the gameplay videos and it just looked kind of offsetting that people don't use torches when fighting. Will there be more mechanics on whether you have light in fights or not?
That's where ground torches comes in! Ground torches are a consumable purchasable, lootable and craftable that is very important for fighting. It allow to place a torch on the ground for a small duration depending of the torch quality. Ground torches are not pulling aggro, while character torches are.
Supporter can cast spells while wearing a torche, so sometimes it is a good strategy to have your supporter to wear a torch and heal, and not get into combat stance.

Is alchemy going to be more than chugging down potion buffs? Of course potion buffs is always nice. Just chug down about 10 potions for 10 buffs to ready yourself for an adventure into the spider caverns. But would there be more involved? Like gunpowder, poison and using fire in combat?
Alchemy in our game is much more than crafting. It's what replace magic in other fantasy world. So there will be more to it.
But you are speaking about Provisioning here, about the crafting-thing. This is under development, and we are considering more things than just "potions". We are not ready to talk about it just yet though! No false promises! ;)

Ive been trying to install all weekend and not succeeding.

The tail of my log file is as follows:
Downloading Embers Adrift_Data/Managed/System.Web.dll
Curl error 18: transfer closed with 1990124 bytes remaining to read

(Filename: Line: 853)

FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "D:\Applications\EmbersAdriftLauncher-Win\client\qa\Embers Adrift_Data\Managed\System.Web.dll"
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x0019e] in <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share) [0x00000] in <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0
at CorePatcher.getHash (System.String path) [0x00000] in <f802f9952e914832ac7dca78a963518e>:0
at CorePatcher.CompleteFile (FileAction f) [0x00064] in <f802f9952e914832ac7dca78a963518e>:0
at CorePatcher+<FlowControl>d__44.MoveNext () [0x0087b] in <f802f9952e914832ac7dca78a963518e>:0
at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <309a05e2dd0a4e38aa2f0404a7fd287c>:0

(Filename: <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589> Line: 0)

Err retrieving file [http://patch.embersadrift.com/qa/win/Embers Adrift_Data/Managed/System.Web.dll]: Unknown Error
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)

Back