What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Q&A - Ask all your questions here

Is combat tab targeted?

Slow paced, strategic tab target combat. Requiere you to think, more than having super fast reflex. It also truly shine in group settings, as each role are complementing each other.
Very much the opposite of modern action combat with block and roll dodge.

Hey hey Geekgirl,

As primarely inpired by DnD tabletop game, Roleplay is obviously something important to us.

What you will find in our game, is a very immersive world. No matter how much you choose to actively roleplay (speak in character, walk instead of running, imagining plots of your own) or not at all. you will be immersed in your very own journey. Features such as the dark night, and no mini map, or no quest markers, are aspect of the game that will plunge you into a story. Maybe that story is just that you got lost during the night and you struggle to find your way back to town. How much will you roleplay arround that is up to you. Maybe you will ask for some help in the OOC channel, or you will choose to use the /yell channel.
Characters are very highly customisable, as you can see in this Character Creator video on our Youtube (keep in mind that it's a prototype, and more options will be added) You can also edit your character as much as you want in the selection screen. You can use that option in a non immersive way or in an immersive way. Like you just gain a little weight, or get a fresh haircut.

We create the sandbox world, then it will be up to you to use it the way you want.

There is many different tools and ideas that we would like to add specifically for roleplayers. But we are still only a team of 11 devs. So, many of those ideas will be worked on post launch. For now we refine and polish the core game, and add content.
Thanks for your reply here, Elloa.

I feel like I need to say that I am asking these as far-reaching questions. I don't expect RP aspects to be your main focus, particularly now. I apologize if my questions seemed demanding or pushy?

In your reply, I am reading it as though maybe my questions now really should stay centered on base game mechanics and core systems and not look too far forward? It is not my intention to exert pressure on your team of 11.
So far the things you outline aren't specific to any MMO - I do them in New World, which isn't RP friendly at all, in my opinion. All of these things can and will be done by players. I was looking to see more if there were plans to implement things like an emote system or if Embers Adrift had a vision they would be aiming for long-term.

I know I just got here, and it's not my intention to stir the pot. Story is as important to me as combat systems are to others, so I am asking about the things that make a game feel full and lively to me.

Thanks for your reply here, Elloa.

I feel like I need to say that I am asking these as far-reaching questions. I don't expect RP aspects to be your main focus, particularly now. I apologize if my questions seemed demanding or pushy?

In your reply, I am reading it as though maybe my questions now really should stay centered on base game mechanics and core systems and not look too far forward? It is not my intention to exert pressure on your team of 11.
So far the things you outline aren't specific to any MMO - I do them in New World, which isn't RP friendly at all, in my opinion. All of these things can and will be done by players. I was looking to see more if there were plans to implement things like an emote system or if Embers Adrift had a vision they would be aiming for long-term.

I know I just got here, and it's not my intention to stir the pot. Story is as important to me as combat systems are to others, so I am asking about the things that make a game feel full and lively to me.

Ooh please, you really do not have to apologies! Your questions are totally legitimate! It all make sense! We are here to answer ALL of your questions!!! ;)
I've been an "hardcore" roleplayer in World of Warcraft back in the days, or for a period of time atleast, and so I know very well what kind of features roleplayers would love. Like extra description on your character that players can "inspect", the possibility to create your own roleplay objects t exchange with other players , and obviously all kind of costumes and funny offhands. We do have plenty of ideas for such features, but, like I said, those are "ideas" at this point, and I can not tell when or how, or what will be implemented for now :)
As for the story... it will be narrated through chain quests, but those quests will have to be found, as there is no obvious quest markers.

I hope this give a little more explanations :)

Bonjour, maintenant que vous commencez a avoir une plus grande lisibilité de l’intérêt pour le jeux par pays, pensez-vous qu’une traduction du jeux en français est possible ?
Sinon malheureusement ce sera sans moi.

Bonjour, maintenant que vous commencez a avoir une plus grande lisibilité de l’intérêt pour le jeux par pays, pensez-vous qu’une traduction du jeux en français est possible ?
Sinon malheureusement ce sera sans moi.
Il n'y aura pas de traduction au lancement du jeu. Mais on espere traduire le jeu en plusieurs langues dès que possible. :)

Do we know minimum and recommended PC specs for the game? I couldn't find info anywhere. It seems my old Lady R9 290 have some issues with frames even on low settings.
Thanks!

Recently logged in for the first time and I liked what I saw. Keep up the good work!
1060 or comparable with 16gbs of ram is what we are targeting for launch.

Are you able to tell us how big the world (adventuring area) is and what the max level a character can get to? Will there be only human races and the game is a low fantasy with no real magic at this time?

The servers are open Wednesday evening starting at 8pm Central for about 4 hours, and weekends starting 12pm noon Central on Friday until midnight on Sunday.

I started testing about two weeks ago. For the life of me I cant figure out how to equip the axe to gather logs or sickle to gather plants.

Help please

giphy.gif

Just click onthe item in your inventory or drag it to this place. BUT to do so, you need to have the proffesion FORESTER that you can purchase at the scroll table

1060 or comparable with 16gbs of ram is what we are targeting for launch.
It may be a good idea to get a post going with beta testers PC specs/ settings and possible FPs. (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS- settings and FPS.)This will give people an idea on how the game will play on certain builds. Also, potential min requirements and suggested requirements for the game gets closer to launch. Some people have said they are playing with 8 GB of RAM.
Thanks

It may be a good idea to get a post going with beta testers PC specs/ settings and possible FPs. (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS- settings and FPS.)This will give people an idea on how the game will play on certain builds. Also, potential min requirements and suggested requirements for the game gets closer to launch. Some people have said they are playing with 8 GB of RAM.
Thanks
Good idea. I will be taking care of that!

Not sure where to put this so I will drop it here. Has there been any talk around having crafters make regents with items that drop in game instead of them just drop off mob in the world.

Not sure where to put this so I will drop it here. Has there been any talk around having crafters make regents with items that drop in game instead of them just drop off mob in the world.
You joined a week too late. That was something that was just removed.

Reagents have been heavily iterated those last weeks.
Originally some were craftable, some were harvestable, some could be found on humanoid NPCS, but after feedback, and test it has been modified to the current version. Check out patches notes here and reagent list here for more informations. :)

Back