What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Q&A - Ask all your questions here

Elloa

Administrator
Stormhaven Studios
7.png

Hey everyone,

If you have any questions related to Embers Adrift, please ask them here. We select and answers some of them in future content on social media, youtube or Twitch.

Thank you so much!

How do I become an alpha tester?
I will answer this question here immediately. At the moment, it's not possible to pre-order the game anymore. So at the moment it's not possible to join the Alpha. Our current Alpha testers had pre-ordered or invested in the game before our rebranding to **Embers Adrift**

We need to work some more on our game loop before to consider re-opening the Alpha to new testers. I unfortunately do not have more informations to share for now.

However, I'm working on ways to share more news of our progress in Alpha for the public eyes. So, you atleast know more about what's going on behind the scenes.

I'm really digging what I've seen so far. Is there a date (tentative or otherwise) for more details? (Races, classes, progression, combat, etc) I just came across this game, and itching to know more.
Keep up the dream guys!

A few questions..

- Is the game top down, isometric, or first/third person view?
- How many game loops, with their own player power progression, are intended for launch? What are they, aside from combat?
- Are all or some of the game loops intended to be played in a group, or solo, primarily?
- What are the expected roles available, for launch?
- What are the expected classes available, for launch?
- What is the current design goal regarding the number of roles that each character and/or class will be able to fulfill or perform in a group, or while solo?
- Will multiple Embers Adrift clients be permitted to run and be concurrently connected to the Embers Adrift servers, from the same public IP address? (multiple players in the same household)
- Is the economy of Embers Adrift being designed, or has it been designed? If so, with what philosophy, tenets, or guidelines? Feel free to elaborate at length.
- Is it currently a design goal that currency and/or items and/or gear will be freely and directly tradeable between player characters?

That should get things rolling. :)

My question:

- in which languages does the game relaese ?
I believe English is current the only support language. I’ve seen them mention before that they would like to have additional languages support but would be after official launch of the game.

My question:

- in which languages does the game relaese ?

At release the game will only be supported in English.
Depending interest, success and possibilities, we may include some localisation in future.

What is the intent on power scaling with level? If a level 5 plays with a level 15, would the difference be more skills to choose from or will damage/healing numbers be vastly different?

Thanks!

What are the intended required and recommended specs for the game, roughly. My computer is getting a bit long in the tooth and I'd rather not spend money on a game I can not realistically hope to play with at least decent performance.

What are the intended required and recommended specs for the game, roughly. My computer is getting a bit long in the tooth and I'd rather not spend money on a game I can not realistically hope to play with at least decent performance.
What are your specs?

What are your specs?
That information would only lead to an answer specific to my needs. I prefer a response with general applicability. Surely I'm not the only potential customer curious about this. The expected range of required to recommended specs would be useful to all with older machines rather than just the one.

What is the intent on power scaling with level? If a level 5 plays with a level 15, would the difference be more skills to choose from or will damage/healing numbers be vastly different?

Some more skills, and things won't scale so much that creates large gaps between players. At some point the level gap will be too large to have a reasonable group between those players, but we are trying to keep that window as large as possible.

Some more skills, and things won't scale so much that creates large gaps between players. At some point the level gap will be too large to have a reasonable group between those players, but we are trying to keep that window as large as possible.
That sounds very reasonable, balancing progression with social gameplay options. Thank you for the response!

I prefer the way EQ does it which is essentially that the higher level you get, the gap widens. So a level 50 and a level 40 can group together, but a level 1 and a level 11 cant.

Personaly, I enjoy vertical progression for leveling as long as I can scale down to complete content or play with friends. I dislike to outlevel the content I'm playing, and I enjoy when I have good reasons for coming back to early places.

Is it live still? Launcher stuck on Checking for Patcher Updates

#Update - Disregard, I had it on Daemon Tools :)

Last edited:
Im new here, looking forward to the game. I downloaded from the windows button but i do not know how to load the game.
Heya and welcome!
I'm not really good in tech, so I will do my very best to help you out whilst our devs are sleeping ;) - Once you have dowloaded the "launcher", you should be able to open it and download / update the game from there.
So basically, you dowload the launcher program from the website. You will have top find out where it's installed on your computer. I find mine in my dowload list. Then you install the program, and open it.
Then you dowload, update the game.

I recommand you to also join our Discord server. It will be easier to guide you there, if what I just said is not helping!

A few questions..

- Is the game top down, isometric, or first/third person view?
- Are all or some of the game loops intended to be played in a group, or solo, primarily?
- What are the expected roles available, for launch?
I believe I can answer these questions fairly confidently The game isn't top-down or isometric its third person ( this was shown when the game was named saga of lucemia)
The game is focused more on group play than solo play, solo play being fairly difficult, to say the least
I would assume the basic 4 at the least that being shield boy, magic boy, Healy dude, and sword guy

I know some more but I truly don't know how much I'm allowed to talk about

Last edited:
Back