What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Q&A - Ask all your questions here

Hey @Blaike and welcome on the forums!

1. We are going for one server where everyone can play together, wherever they are in the world. We have players from all corner of the world and rarely have any PING issues
2. We are releasing sometimes this year
3. We are a subscription based game (no cash shop). Our subscription is announced at 15$ per month
4. We do not have a list of equipment. Weapns are divided per role. Defender use Sword & board, 2 hander blunt and polearm. Striker uses bows, 2 handers sword/axe, and dual wield. Supporter use Crossbows, staff and 1 hander + banner. Each role and classes can use any armor, but you will have to select carefully which peace of armor you want to wear to not be overweighted.
Thanks for the reply. I shall purchase the game and cya soon.

Hello,

i am very interested by your MMO because actually no one is oriented group.

My questions :
- can we group at the start of the game, or wait to play many days alone first ?
- i have seen a lot of videos, and i see cooldowns on all skills, and also in the basic combat skill. Attack with the axe, and wait 6 seconds to attack again ? Dont you find it create slow combat ?

Hello @jarka and welcome on our forums!

1. Yes, you can group up immediately when starting your adventure. We do have a LFG tool where you can look for other players or use the global channel to find adventuring partners. Even in the starting areas you will find mobs that are aimed for soling and some that are aimed for small groups (2,3 players) or full groups (4,6 players). In general you will find solo mobs closertoo the safe areas such as road and camp, and the group mobs further in the wilderness

2. The combat is slow and strategic, tactical. This is intended. It allows players to make use of their wits rather than their dexterity while encountering a challenge. It also offer some downtime for chit chatting, or pay attention to the landscape. You need to be smart while tackling a challenging, but you do not have to rely on high apm

Thanks. I have watched many videos and am quite taken by this game. I don't mind slow and tactical. I have been playing Wurm online for 9 years and thats slow :)

Hello! Long time mmorpg player here interested in the open beta. My acccount is inactive currently. Do I have to buy a tester pack to participate in the open beta next weekend or my account will be activated for the duration of the open beta? Thank you for reading.

Hello! Long time mmorpg player here interested in the open beta. My acccount is inactive currently. Do I have to buy a tester pack to participate in the open beta next weekend or my account will be activated for the duration of the open beta? Thank you for reading.
Your account will be activated just before the open beta so you can download the client from your account page and get patched up before the gates open.

Is there any plan for a pure casting class?
You will use Emberstones and Alchemy to manipulate the power of Ember. Not traditional spellcasting per se, but our low fantasy version of a "magic" system. No one can use it at level 1, but you grow into it.

Has account activation for beta already happened? I thought I was registered but guess I wasn't hoping I didn't miss it.

Has account activation for beta already happened? I thought I was registered but guess I wasn't hoping I didn't miss it.
Not active yet, keep an eye on the discord. They will make an announcement there and possibly on the forums too.

If you ever do player housing be different and make it a trade skill type thing, player tents and player huts.. Instead of instanced or a set location taking up room in the world let it be movable to anyplace the player wants to put it as long as its a big flat empty area and when the player logs out the tent/hut goes with him! When he comes back in it's stored away and he is ready to adventure again.

I'm not a computer programmer so I dunno if that would be easier or harder to do that the normal mmorpg way but ....it would be more fun.

oh forgot to ask my question. Is the current beta play going to continue until release? With Wed-Friday at midnight offline?

Slightly off topic, apologies.

Is there a plan to market this before release, in the coming days? There is a large (and age-wise older) population of MMOers from the late 90s (UO, EQ1, AC time) - who hanker for the old-time style MMOs. In Chat in EQ1, or other games it often comes up - and Pantheon seems to be what everyone is waiting for, and it looks like it may not release this or next decade (sadly so).

I am one of those, and this seems to hit the spot! I do hope you do a blitz of popular websites, to get more people playing on the 15th!

Thanks!

The game launch announcement has appeared on all the MMO gaming sites, most mmo subreddits. Basically comes down to the community spreading the word through their own communities.

I'm excited to get started playing in a few days. I have followed the game for a couple years and participated in a few tests but mainly wanted to wait till launch to really get into it.

I see the "Getting started in Embers Adrift" post https://forums.embersadrift.com/ind...rted-in-embers-adrift-and-on-our-forums.2186/
But that seems to be mainly about how to be a good beta tester and was updated about a month ago.

What I'm wondering is where I can go to find the basics of the game commands and such (what buttons do, how to turn on and off auto attack, etc). The "instruction manual" if you will. Or is the game designed to figure it all out in-game? Or, is that post I referenced current and up to date?

I'm excited to get started playing in a few days. I have followed the game for a couple years and participated in a few tests but mainly wanted to wait till launch to really get into it.

I see the "Getting started in Embers Adrift" post https://forums.embersadrift.com/ind...rted-in-embers-adrift-and-on-our-forums.2186/
But that seems to be mainly about how to be a good beta tester and was updated about a month ago.

What I'm wondering is where I can go to find the basics of the game commands and such (what buttons do, how to turn on and off auto attack, etc). The "instruction manual" if you will. Or is the game designed to figure it all out in-game? Or, is that post I referenced current and up to date?
Thanks to @Elloa for pointing this out in the discord:

The discord is very active so if you have any particular questions, the discord is a good place to pop in and say hello and fire away. :)

Thanks for the reply. Discord is a pretty rough place to find info because the information is always on the move. A forum post, or better yet something directly on the official website under the "The Game" dropdown menu would be awesome. Something static that is easy to find.

Back