What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

One More Port Discussion

Randy Magnum

I really like the Monoliths cause I find them very useful. Though there are situations where someone could use a port to a home (predetermined location) for example, indoor or outdoor dungeons if you have to leave your group and log or your in a spot where bag recovery would be very difficult. Most MMORPGs have some kind of port to home on an hour cd. I would welcome a port on a cd that could be 24 hrs (or less). Just some kind of relocation, even on a very long CD. Dungeons can take a long time, and I have on a few occasions, not joined a group because I may have to leave and there is no way out. Same goes for some outdoor camps. Its just easier to group if you have an emergency port if life happens.
I don't know if a port is in the works with ember collection and use on reagents and monolith travel or if fast travel is limited to just monoliths but I think assigning an ember ring as a home, and having a long cd would boost the ability to group. I think a long cd would be better to avoid abusing content ( a 12 or 24 hour cd would be hard to exploit).
Is this a hard no, or is it an issue being looked into?

Reactions: CWB
I really like the Monoliths cause I find them very useful. Though there are situations where someone could use a port to a home (predetermined location) for example, indoor or outdoor dungeons if you have to leave your group and log or your in a spot where bag recovery would be very difficult. Most MMORPGs have some kind of port to home on an hour cd. I would welcome a port on a cd that could be 24 hrs (or less). Just some kind of relocation, even on a very long CD. Dungeons can take a long time, and I have on a few occasions, not joined a group because I may have to leave and there is no way out. Same goes for some outdoor camps. Its just easier to group if you have an emergency port if life happens.
I don't know if a port is in the works with ember collection and use on reagents and monolith travel or if fast travel is limited to just monoliths but I think assigning an ember ring as a home, and having a long cd would boost the ability to group. I think a long cd would be better to avoid abusing content ( a 12 or 24 hour cd would be hard to exploit).
Is this a hard no, or is it an issue being looked into?
It's certainly under consideration! We kind of want to see how the ember essence stuff plays out as we might add a cost to use this or something to port you to the zone's "safe spot" (or default spawn location)

• Love
I just was thinking about EQ and I guess I always ran toons that had Gate, but I don't think a warrior or rogue had that option. How'd they get out of down deep places? Rely on someone with a port to get them out? Run for the entrance training mobs? I never played those classes so I never really thought about it before...LOL

I just was thinking about EQ and I guess I always ran toons that had Gate, but I don't think a warrior or rogue had that option. How'd they get out of down deep places? Rely on someone with a port to get them out? Run for the entrance training mobs? I never played those classes so I never really thought about it before...LOL
I played a ranger and it was a pain. I never got my Tolan's breastplate that had gate :(

I was a Shaman main and the only others I would raid with were my cleric and chanter. All had gate. I know some would just shout, "Train to zone" and then run for it... LOL

Us rogues had the sneak/hide combo. We could go anywhere we wanted

Lol yea I seem to recall plenty of let the tank go first and train to the zone, run along behind them. /shout TRAIN TO ZONE!

Of course there was Evac, ports, gate, invis, invis vs undead, FD, sneak, /consent /corpse, summon corpse, CoTH too

Hell. Some games have teleportation spots or location for current zone where you can tune, adjust, home in, bind to, set (set to, set current location), home, etc locations when you get defeated. Currently we use the Monolith to travel between the four regions. From the Monolith, we can travel to the dungeon.

In dungeons, you may have Alters or Ember Ring, or type of location within the dungeon to set as current bind/respawn point. Not to be confused with Ember Rings when you respawn near at. But somewhere in the dungeon via Monolith from the Wilderness spot. You may have to pay homage, donation, token or Ember essence of some type to use the teleportation in the dungeon.

Sure it would be nice, more of a convenience for most folks, others something to set when they get repeatedly defeated or even for some, the last bind spot nearest to where they are adventuring at. Though I am thinking the final locations of each Monolith will still be determined for live (I still think the Monolith in Meadowlands could be placed somewhere else, granted that where it use to be, was too far out imo). No input on Redshore (have not been there). Dryfoot location seems ideal, South Newhaven is ok (but lots of lag issue, at least for me when I always enter there), North Newhaven, meh.

Having the ability to travel from one spot to another for this game is pretty convenient, makes the long travel, the long run less tedious and quicker to group up with said members/group/guild folks. Having access to travel, via Monolith to dungeons from wilderness, vice versa, is nice. Will see what happens in the coming months.

Side note, since evac was mentioned, having an ability to evac (group evac with timer 12H/24H timer, using said amount of reagents/ember essence, etc) would be a nice touch. What class? Who knows. That would be too easy.

They kind of fixed this in Kunark if you were 50 with the Worker Sledgemallet for getting out of dungeons.

I played a warrior in EQ and it was either camp in a known safe spot, grab a port or train out to the zone, fun and games! lol.

This is one big worry of mine, if I disconnect or if life happens while I am in a group deep in a dungeon, I WILL lose all my carried loot. There is currently no way past that and it is sadly something I will have to shrug and live with. I have an active family life and a sometimes bad African internet connection.

I would REALLY love to have a (even once a day) teleport out option. Please consider it. Even if it puts in me back in the starter zone and I have to walk all the way back to my current adventure zone, I would rather do that than lose everything I found while on the run.

This is one big worry of mine, if I disconnect or if life happens while I am in a group deep in a dungeon, I WILL lose all my carried loot. There is currently no way past that and it is sadly something I will have to shrug and live with. I have an active family life and a sometimes bad African internet connection.

I would REALLY love to have a (even once a day) teleport out option. Please consider it. Even if it puts in me back in the starter zone and I have to walk all the way back to my current adventure zone, I would rather do that than lose everything I found while on the run.
We added egress points to the dungeon and they have worked out quite well. These are basically one way teleports in the dungeon depths that take you back to town for this very purpose.

That is amazing news, thank you so so much!
They were added at the end of August and have gone through a few iterations. They basically act as hearth that you can use from specific locations within the dungeon and look like this:
JaXGQvr.png

They were added at the end of August and have gone through a few iterations. They basically act as hearth that you can use from specific locations within the dungeon and look like this:
JaXGQvr.png
The exits inside of dungeons at ember rings are absolutely amazing and are an excellent design choice. Having a hearthstone-like teleport home from anywhere will absolutely kill group engagement. People will be porting out of dungeons mid run right and left and screwing over the other 5 and it will destroy random/pug grouping. That tank you searched an hour for? He only needed 1 part of the quest for that dungeon so he'll be porting out as soon as he gets it stranding your group.... That healer your group desperately needed? He was only 5% from leveling and is going to port out as soon as he dings instead of clearing the dungeon with your group like he said he would when he joined.

The exits inside of dungeons at ember rings are absolutely amazing and are an excellent design choice. Having a hearthstone-like teleport home from anywhere will absolutely kill group engagement. People will be porting out of dungeons mid run right and left and screwing over the other 5 and it will destroy random/pug grouping. That tank you searched an hour for? He only needed 1 part of the quest for that dungeon so he'll be porting out as soon as he gets it stranding your group.... That healer your group desperately needed? He was only 5% from leveling and is going to port out as soon as he dings instead of clearing the dungeon with your group like he said he would when he joined.

You are paranoid. If people are backing out of groups you are in at this high of a frequency, it's not the other player, it's you.

You are paranoid. If people are backing out of groups you are in at this high of a frequency, it's not the other player, it's you.
No need to be toxic kiddo. Has nothing to with paranoia but go ahead and project your personal issues some more.

Back