What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Mouse/keyboard

I do not know if it is me learning a new playing style, which I am fine with, however, the mouse/keyboard movement combination provides a disorienting, disconnection when moving a character on the screen.
Point the mouse in the direction you want to go, press 'W', and the character wants to move, but not in the direction you want it to go. It is as if the camera POV is not attached to the character, thus when you turn the mouse 180 degrees one way, the character, in my opinion, should follow that direction unless something is blocking the character from moving in that direction.

I do not know if it is me learning a new playing style, which I am fine with, however, the mouse/keyboard movement combination provides a disorienting, disconnection when moving a character on the screen.
Point the mouse in the direction you want to go, press 'W', and the character wants to move, but not in the direction you want it to go. It is as if the camera POV is not attached to the character, thus when you turn the mouse 180 degrees one way, the character, in my opinion, should follow that direction unless something is blocking the character from moving in that direction.
Hi @skmcdowelljr thanks for the feedback! There are two ways in which you can move the camera:
  • Moving the mouse while holding the LEFT mouse button will move the camera keeping your character's orientation the same. This is typically for used for panning around to view behind you etc.
  • Moving the mouse while holding the RIGHT mouse button will move the camera and adjust your character's orientation to match.
Does holding the right mouse button accomplish what you are expecting?

Hi @skmcdowelljr thanks for the feedback! There are two ways in which you can move the camera:
  • Moving the mouse while holding the LEFT mouse button will move the camera keeping your character's orientation the same. This is typically for used for panning around to view behind you etc.
  • Moving the mouse while holding the RIGHT mouse button will move the camera and adjust your character's orientation to match.
Does holding the right mouse button accomplish what you are expecting?
Thanks for the response. Let me try that technique and see how that works.

Back