What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

BETA TEST May 4th; what's new?

Is this available? I'm not getting the update option on the launcher, even after the force check
RYDOGG , run the launcher as ADMIN < on 7 8 8.1 10 and 11 windows :)
i didnt run it 2 x as admin , it just sat there downloading nothing , and stayed at 0%
once i ran as admin it did things :)

RYDOGG , run the launcher as ADMIN < on 7 8 8.1 10 and 11 windows :)
i didnt run it 2 x as admin , it just sat there downloading nothing , and stayed at 0%
once i ran as admin it did things :)
Thanks, I'm updated now, I think I just tried to get it before it was actually deployed

How is performance and stability compared to previous builds?

I have an older system with an RX 480 8GB and the client has performed surprisingly well (I did end up turning down shadows and veg density but still on high textures). The new build feels smoother to me when panning the camera around. Now I wish I had actually logged performance since it's anecdotal but I feel like the 2021 build is giving me improvement.

Is it clear that "basic" crafted gear is inferior to dropped gear?
Yes

Does the "imbued" gear feel worthwhile to pursue?

I still haven't had the time to dig in and progress as far as others, so from a newb 1-9 perspective...
Yes. I noticed right away that my crafted weps were now inferior to the drops and it shifted my goal to Flux to replace them. It gave me something to pursue that I could do while "half playing" the game, like not being able to commit to a group due to needing to afk every 30mins or stuff like that. I could still go out and have an upgrade goal, albeit not nesc quick but I'm a patient farmer type too. I also got lucky and a flux dropped within like my first 10minutes lol. I continued to try and group as much as I could but then kill animals for flux solo rather than NPCs since I could control what slot I upgrade with flux.

Last edited:
Back