What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

BETA TEST May 25th; what's new?

Lacking a map for Redshore, the stars have shared their secrets with me as I mediated for an entire day. I feel as one with the natural world around me. New skill obtained.

I shared a crappy graphic of some findings.

Looking forward to reading the patch notes which tell us that Skeletons are in X, Y zone. Before you shoot me on the low fantasy aspect. If it was good enough for Jason and the Argonauts, then it has to be good enough for us. Ember Skeletons, wink, wink!!!
I have to say I am getting bored shitless of killing bears and doe/deer/stags rats. My favorite mob in the game is Spiders, so I don't want to end up hating them too.
Looking forward to breaking your/our new zone...Loading Please wait!!!

@Asbo Several (badass) creatures are being worked on. But it's not squeletons!! :D

I'm personaly extremly tired of necromantic fantasy, so I'm pretty happy that we are going into a different direction for our original creatures. Of course, this is really personal and I understand that some are attached to that particular fantasy.

@Asbo Several (badass) creatures are being worked on. But it's not squeletons!! :D

I'm personaly extremly tired of necromantic fantasy, so I'm pretty happy that we are going into a different direction for our original creatures. Of course, this is really personal and I understand that some are attached to that particular fantasy.
I get what your saying Elloa, however I pledged on the back of the previous iteration, so it would be nice to see something out of the ordinary. After all you appear to have shown that there are goblins in at some point with the screen shot from Dry.
Also be nice after release that we get to see the mob of the month, quarter or even six monthly then change it for another new mob for us to fight. I can imagine it will get stale real quick batting the same old mobs, like it is getting that way atm for me personally.

Thanks for listening.

Asbo.

I understand your concerns, but you can be reassured that you have embarked into a journey to the extraordinary. And hopefully a extraordinary that will surprise you! But as every journey... it doesn't start right away.

That being said, I will be a little more serious now and speak about realities.
A lot of the creatures that you saw in the previous iteration of the game were place holder creatures from the Unity Store, meant to be eventually replaced by our own creatures.
Custom creatures however, take a long time to be created and animated and we only have 2 artists working on those that also need to work on props and armors.

As we already hinted, Cameleon-men are the next creatures you are going to see. And then we have several more in preparation.

Appreciate the changes to the roaming mob difficulty. Gives you much more to do when moving to a camp or resource gathering. Easier to find things to kill when groups are not available as well.

Redshore is a phenomenal zone. Huge to explore and when finally arriving at the beach as the sun was setting, awesome. It was let down though by the mob types. After killing thousands of animals and similar humanoids its just more of the same. I hope the game can find a balance between the more mundane/natural creatures and the fantastical.

As a suggestion maybe for the purposes of testing new zones there could be a basic kit of on level equipment when using the potions. Gear can be way under-levelled which effects testing. It's also hard to test the gathering in the zone because of skill level.

I did not play as much as wanted, but here's some feedback:

Redshore:
I love the layed of the zone it's very well done, love the atmosphere and all.
I'm eager to test it more, but it needs some attraction right now. (Bosses, named, rare, better drops...etc)
Diversity is missing, it's fine to grind the same mobs for 2-3 zones, but we need something else, something different, something big!
The pathing seems weird, sometimes the pulled NPC goes back and forth and back and forth again, before the combat even started. It's entertaining, but I doubt it's intended. (It happened in the Exile Camp on the beach mostly)
There's invisible walls around trees that feel odd. You cannot hug a tree :(
Direction post would be very appreciated.

Spider Cave in Meadowlands:
At night, when inside the cave, if you put a ground torch, there's some weird light reflexion on the spider web. The door one seems to be the worst.
The respawn rate seems too fast, we were 2 groups of lvl 26 (6 + 2) and still had issues clearing the place. You need to move fast, but have no time to staminate!
Gear drop in this cave would be great as it's a fun challenge and would feel more rewarding. (Adds some named too)

Other Toughts:
I really like the new pulling/aggro approach, as it make things a little more chaotic, but engaging and fun. Good Job!
I feel that prospecting and hunting is a bit too slow to level starting around level 18. it might be me that had not enough time, but still feel slower and grindyer.
I know this has been said multi times, but transportation is needed and with the new zone the needs is increased. As a mostly casual gamer, time is a problem. Because of that, getting to my group is often the first 30-45 minutes of the game experience upon logging. I can't never get someone to craft me gear, even tho I have the mats, because of that time constraint combined with transportation issue.
The "Wilds" adjustement seems perfect for solo experience.

Keep up the good work!

Has taken somewhere near 2000 carcasses to go from 25 to 34.xx hunting. I only turned maybe 10% into strips, the rest stopped at leather or went to other mats. Nearly all of these carcasses have been at-level too (almost entirely Fair Dense 25-35 upon reaching hunting 30+ where Fair Lean 20-30 ends)

Back