What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

BETA TEST May 18th; what's new?

Adding a toggle to "Gameplay" options to disable auto attack when your target dies. This is currently enabled by default - let me know if you think it should be opposite by default.
Close...but is there a way to add an options to take us out of combat stance after a mob dies? I wasn't hopping this is what this change was going to do, but it didn't.

Close...but is there a way to add an options to take us out of combat stance after a mob dies? I wasn't hopping this is what this change was going to do, but it didn't.
I consider that a step too far in controlling your avatar. So, no.

I consider that a step too far in controlling your avatar. So, no.
But this is a control that is toggleable by the user, why would you not do that? Seems odd to not allow us to have the control over our character. You're forcing us to stay in combat stance, whats the difference in forcing us out of it? Especially if it's a options control we have the authority over to set the game how we want it played?

But this is a control that is toggleable by the user, why would you not do that? Seems odd to not allow us to have the control over our character. You're forcing us to stay in combat stance, whats the difference in forcing us out of it? Especially if it's a options control we have the authority over to set the game how we want it played?
You have full control over your character. If you do not want to be in combat stance then leave combat stance by toggling it, sitting, or doing an action that takes you out of combat stance. Managing your stance is part of the game loop and I don't like the idea of "automating it".

Do you leave combat stance after every one of your targets die? I view that as being FAR more disruptive than disabling auto attack - especially given that you lose the ability to defend yourself AND you suffer an armor class penalty when not in combat stance. So if a "mistake" happens in the sense that you leave combat stance when you are in a situation where you did not want to (even if you have the option checked) then you are now more venerable to attacks and it could make the difference between you having a close call or a bad time. Now compare that to if a "mistake" happens and auto attack is disabled: you don't lose anything, you don't become more venerable to attacks, you just have to re-enable auto attack.

Back