What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

LIVE March 28th; what's new?

1 hr and 30 mins after restarting launcher in admin mode and still same window. No change.
Checking local files should not take longer than a few minutes on any machine. It sounds like something got screwed up so I would recommend removing the launcher and all subdirectories, reinstall, and try again. Sorry for the troubles!

Checking local files should not take longer than a few minutes on any machine. It sounds like something got screwed up so I would recommend removing the launcher and all subdirectories, reinstall, and try again. Sorry for the troubles!
I still have the Embers Setup folder in my downloads folder. Checking in it there is a repair feature. I used the repair and now it seems to be acting right. Shows it to be patching now. Thank you for your help.

I do have two concerns about the GEL system are I feel it might invalidate the need of gear and it does not scale well past 5 lvls. Scaling people up puts people in areas there lvl should not be. If the gap were 10 or 15 you put people in areas they have no way to safely get to. Scaling up makes gear less nessesary to be effective. I feel we should be scaling down.

With the buffs to breach and addition of duelist execute Brigand has two abilities that are almost strictly worse than other classes' version of those abilities. At least if duelist's execute went live as I saw it in QA, haven't seen it in live yet.

Overpower is less damage with a longer cooldown and higher stamina cost. The cost is quite significantly out of line compared to the rest of our abilities. I'd rather it do something interesting to justify the cooldown/sta cost than be cheaper.

I do have two concerns about the GEL system are I feel it might invalidate the need of gear and it does not scale well past 5 lvls. Scaling people up puts people in areas there lvl should not be. If the gap were 10 or 15 you put people in areas they have no way to safely get to. Scaling up makes gear less nessesary to be effective. I feel we should be scaling down.
GEL doesn't scale you up in power. You maintain the same health, the same damage output, the same gear as if you were fighting whites. GEL also limits you to your level+5 already. The initial idea before GEL was that players would "scale themselves down" to fight lower level content with their friends - that was just not happening.

With the buffs to breach and addition of duelist execute Brigand has two abilities that are almost strictly worse than other classes' version of those abilities. At least if duelist's execute went live as I saw it in QA, haven't seen it in live yet.

Overpower is less damage with a longer cooldown and higher stamina cost. The cost is quite significantly out of line compared to the rest of our abilities. I'd rather it do something interesting to justify the cooldown/sta cost than be cheaper.

Flourish is not better than the Brigand execute. Nor was it on QA.

Flourish is not better than the Brigand execute. Nor was it on QA.
I looked at it briefly and thought it had the same stats but 20s instead of 30s cooldown and appeared to have the same 3x multiplier. Apologies if this isn't accurate. How is it different, since I can't look at it now?

Back