What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

macOS / M1 Max - Frequent crashing while exploring

Tharbeard

My game would hang / crash frequently while looking for plants to harvest in the first area (SNH?), requiring a hard reboot. Gave up after the third time.

Latest game build.

System:

macOS 12.4
Mac Studio 2022
Chip: Apple M1 Max
Memory: 64GB

Will update to macOS 12.5.1 later tonight to see if that helps and will report back if so.

[Edit: updated OS to 12.5.1 and was able to play some more without crashing. Will continue to monitor.]

Last edited:

Undone

Codemaster
Stormhaven Studios
My game would hang / crash frequently while looking for plants to harvest in the first area (SNH?), requiring a hard reboot. Gave up after the third time.

Latest game build.

System:

macOS 12.4
Mac Studio 2022
Chip: Apple M1 Max
Memory: 64GB

Will update to macOS 12.5.1 later tonight to see if that helps and will report back if so.

[Edit: updated OS to 12.5.1 and was able to play some more without crashing. Will continue to monitor.]
How long do you play before this crash occurs typically? What settings are you using? I have never crashed on my M1 Max with 64gb of ram :(

Tharbeard

I had played maybe a 30-45 minutes before first crash, then they happened with frequency (roughly every 5-10 minutes). Haven't seen any crashes since updating to 12.5.1 however.