What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Bug Linux Client API Issue?

is this a bug?

Seraf

The last time I'd been here was before the rebranding so... Been a while. Any rate! I decided to try the Linux build available in the My Account section and after some awkwardness with updating (a few manifest errors and just getting stuck at 1%) it claimed to be ready to launch. So launch I did and entered my account information. At this point I received an error indicating that the API was wrong and to update my client. Thing is, the client thinks it is fully updated now and it is not allowing me further.
I can adjust system options at the login screen but that's about it.

At the moment I'm waiting for the Windows client to patch (also stuck at 1%, that darn System.Web.dll must be a monster...) to see if I experience the same issue but I figured I'd post now regardless. I had noticed some little things about the Linux client being borked and that it was going to be removed from the My Account options but those posts were from back in December and I couldn't find anything more recent.

Should the Linux client be functioning?

The last time I'd been here was before the rebranding so... Been a while. Any rate! I decided to try the Linux build available in the My Account section and after some awkwardness with updating (a few manifest errors and just getting stuck at 1%) it claimed to be ready to launch. So launch I did and entered my account information. At this point I received an error indicating that the API was wrong and to update my client. Thing is, the client thinks it is fully updated now and it is not allowing me further.
I can adjust system options at the login screen but that's about it.

At the moment I'm waiting for the Windows client to patch (also stuck at 1%, that darn System.Web.dll must be a monster...) to see if I experience the same issue but I figured I'd post now regardless. I had noticed some little things about the Linux client being borked and that it was going to be removed from the My Account options but those posts were from back in December and I couldn't find anything more recent.

Should the Linux client be functioning?
Linux client hasn't been built for quite some time apologies for the mix up! There are some engine issues since the update to HDRP which has prevented us from putting out a proper linux client. I am still trying to get it to work but it hasn't been a top priority as of late. Most have had success running the windows client via proton or something similar. I'll have a word with our backend engineer to temporarily remove the linux client from the download page.

Thanks! That'll definitely reduce confusion. And hopefully you all get the cycles to clear up the issue on Linux.

Back