What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Introduce yourself

Nickname: - Panic
IRL Location: - England
First language: - English
year of birth: - Cheeky - old

How did you ended on this forum?: - looking for a new mmo

What interest you most about Embers Adrift?
PVE

Kids? - Nope
Pets? - Nope
Significant other? - yES
Astral Sign- Virgo
Favourite MMORPG - SWG Online
Favourite role/class in MMORPG - Mage
Favourite activity in MMORPG - Solo stuff
Horde or Alliance? Horde
Starwars or StarTrek? Star wars
GoT or The Walking Dead - none
dwarfs or elves? - Elve
Beer or water? - water
Pineapple on pizza? - Perv

What will you play in Embers Adrift? - Damage - Caster...

Thank you so very much to continue to introduce yourself guys! I read all introduction! (now I need to try to remember everything!! But that's another story!! :D)
Really happy to see our little EU family growing too! We need to fill up all the timezones to always have friends online!! :D

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Nickname: Omni
IRL Location: Greece
First language: Greek
Year of birth: 1981

How did you ended on this forum?: Well, it all started from an article i read on "massivelyop" at early March (if i'm not mistaken). The whole concept caught my eye and dug a bit deeper to learn a bit more about the game. So, here i am.

What interest you most about Embers Adrift?: I want to enjoy every aspect of the game has to offer (from exploration and crafting to intense group battles)

Kids? No
Pets? Not Yet
Significant other? Yes
Astral Sign: Virgo (I think)
Favourite MMORPG: Rift
Favourite role/class in MMORPG: Warrior Tank
Favourite activity in MMORPG: Dungeons / Raids / Crafting / Achievement Hunting
Horde or Alliance? Neither
Star Wars or Star Trek?: Star Wars
GoT or The Walking Dead: GoT
Dwarfs or Elves?: Dwarves
Beer or Water?: Water
Pineapple on pizza?: Hell no

What will you play in Embers Adrift? Defender (Haven't decided on specialization)

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Nickname: Anakin or you can call me Kev
IRL Location: Newcastle, England, UK.
First language: English
year of birth: 1986

How did you ended on this forum?:
Fate willed it.

I knew nothing of the game. I had fallen out of love with games, nothing interested me and had been looking for a long time for one to fall in love with. I think I was on one of my many searches, found it, looked at the screenshots and thought oh that looks cool and gave it a go.

Kids? No
Pets? Yes
Significant other? No
Astral Sign: Capricorn
Favourite MMORPG: GW2
Favourite role/class in MMORPG: DD/DPS
Favourite activity in MMORG: Gathering, crafting, killing mobs, finding loot. I don't have many online friends so I love to group with people where I can, I like the social aspect.
Horde or Alliance? I don't know what this means sorry
Starwars or StarTrek? SW
GoT or The Walking Dead? GOT
dwarfs or elves? Elves
Beer or water? Beer
Pineapple on pizza? No

What will you play in Embers Adrift? Striker Bezerker with hunting forestry and tailoring so I can craft clothing

Thank you guys for joining us in Embers Adrift and for introducing yourself! Can't wait to play with you all!

Nickname: Cypher/CypherWulf
IRL Location: CO, USA
year of birth: 1982
Excited to see where EA is going, and wanted to give feedback after the worldbreaker event.

I've been looking for a while for a game that combines some of the classic MMO mechanics, such as slower, more tactical, group-focused gameplay with some of the more modern game-design principles like solo content, world events, ease of party finding, and increased level of coordination needed for boss fights. EA seems to check a bunch of those boxes for me.

Kids? 3
Pets? Dog & cat
Significant other? Married 20 years now.
Astral Sign: Cancer

Favourite MMORPG
I've had a few, Dark age of Camelot, FFXI for a while, WoW TBC-WotLK, Guild Wars 2, Project: Gorgon, and Rift have all caught my eye over the years.

Favourite role/class in MMORPG: Tank, especially tanks that are good at tanking large groups.

Favourite activity in MMORPG: Dungeons and raids

Horde or Alliance? Alliance
Starwars or StarTrek? Yes
GoT or The Walking Dead? No
dwarfs or elves? Yes
Beer or water? Yes
Pineapple on pizza? Yes

What will you play in Embers Adrift? Maining Marshal so far.

Nickname: Blaike
IRL Location: Uk
year of birth:1958

How did you ended on this forum?: I watch a video of up coming mmo's and was taken by this one.

What interest you most about Embers Adrift? I like the look and the feel and reminds me of mmo's I played years ago

Kids?2
Pets? none
Significant other? none
Astral Sign Saggitarius
Favourite MMORPG Wurm Online
Favourite role/class in MMORPG Off tank
Favourite activity in MMORPG Off tanking :)
Horde or Alliance? either
Starwars or StarTrek? eeeerrmmm
GoT or The Walking Dead both was ok
dwarfs or elves? elves
Beer or water? yes
Pineapple on pizza? Whatever floats your boat

What will you play in Embers Adrift? I like the feel of the Duelist

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Nickname: Lavendel
IRL Location: Belgium
First language: Dutch
year of birth: 1979

How did you ended on this forum?: I'm a P99 (Everquest classic) player and our community was asked to take part in the beta testing phase.

What interest you most about Embers Adrift? I'm an Everquest and a Valheim fan, and by the looks of it, Embers Adrift has a little bit of both. Looking for a real sense of danger :)

Kids? Yes, a boy (10) and a girl (7).
Pets? 3 cats, 2 guinea pigs.
Significant other? Yes, been with her for 13 years.
Astral Sign: Aries
Favourite MMORPG: Everquest (P99 currently), World of Warcraft (first 5 years after release)
Favourite role/class in MMORPG DPS: Priest/Cleric
Favourite activity in MMORPG: Exploring, taking risks and paying the price for it
Horde or Alliance? Alliance (however, none of that any longer)
Starwars or StarTrek? Star Wars, although I love both brands
GoT or The Walking Dead: Game of Thrones
dwarfs or elves? Meh, I dunno that. (aaaaaarghhhh)
Beer or water? Water
Pineapple on pizza? Yes, and tunafish.

What will you play in Embers Adrift? Sentinel

Welcome everyone and thank you for joining our forums and our community! Thank you for your introductions!

@Lavendel Ik ben van Belgie ook maar vrom de franstallige gebied :D (mijn neederlands is heel slecht lol)

Nickname: Kaz
IRL Location: Australia

How did you end up on this forum?: Page 2 of google

What interests you most about Embers Adrift?: The no guidance aspect of exploration

Pets?: 3, 2 Dogs and a Cat! Sadly haven't seen my cat around for a while
Favorite MMORPG: Wizard101
Favorite role/class in MMORPG: DPS
Favorite activity in MMORPG: Combat and Socializing
Horde or Alliance?: Horde
Starwars or StarTrek?: Neither
GoT or The Walking Dead: TWD
dwarfs or elves?: Elves
Beer or water?: Water
Pineapple on pizza?: It is a crime NOT to like it

Nickname: Tang
IRL Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
year of birth: 1956

How did you ended on this forum?: Stumbled upon Embers Adrift through our Old Timers Guild Discord and joined as a Beta Supporter.

What interest you most about Embers Adrift? The challenge of not having my hand held while playing. First game I've played that gives me that classic EQ vibe of excitement and community.

Kids? Yes, grown up
Pets? Dutch our 2yr old rescue
Significant other? Yes! Best decision I ever made
Astral Sign Libra
Favourite MMORPG Not sure I have a favorite currently but classic EQ when it released in 1999 is remembered very fondly. Participating in a 70 person raid with no voice channel was challenging :). Lately have been playing ESO, WOW, etc. but they don't have the same appeal.
Favourite role/class in MMORPG Tank or DPS
Favourite activity in MMORPG Grinding in a fun group
Starwars or StarTrek? StarTrek
GoT or The Walking Dead Game of Thrones hands down
dwarfs or elves? Dorfs!
Beer or water? Beer
Pineapple on pizza? Sure

What will you play in Embers Adrift? Still evaluating

Hi, been waiting for Open beta and so happy its here. My Wife Catibrie are excited to play and get to play with some of you all. I have been MMOing since 1999 EQ days, DAoC from launch as well. My wife started MMOing with me in WoW golden years and been married ever since =-)

Welcome to you all friends! Make yourself comfortably here! Hope you going to have fun this weekend!

Nickname: Darksied or Jerricoh
IRL Location: Seattle

How did you ended on this forum?: Google brought me here when searching for a game like Everquest or Vanguard SOH

What interest you most about Embers Adrift?: Old school mmo aspects, group oriented content and community

Kids? Yes
Pets? 0
Significant other? Yes

Favourite MMORPG - Everquest from 1999-2005, Vanguard Saga of Heroes
Favourite role/class in MMORPG - Off-Tank or puller
Favourite activity in MMORPG - Group dungeons
Starwars or StarTrek? Wars
GoT or The Walking Dead - Both, until the ending
dwarfs or elves? Dwarf
Beer or water? Beer
Pineapple on pizza? Never

What will you play in Embers Adrift? Meat shield or glass cannon melee DPS

Not that many germanspeaking until, i'lldo it in english for you, but i'm native germanspeaking ;)

Nickname: Stundorn or Stun
IRL Location: Cologne
First language: german
year of birth: '76
How did you ended on this forum?: i was searching for a PVE only MMORPG forever and some day found Saga of Lucimia and i'm still here :D
What interest you most about Embers Adrift? PVE only, Immersion, Roleplay
Kids? a daughter
Pets? a dog
Significant other? my kete drum
Astral Sign: lion
Favourite MMORPG: Vanguard Saga of Heroes, i missed some good old MMORPGS like EQ, but also liked UO on a RP Shard, Shroud of the Avatar, Tabula Rasa, Mortal Online
Favourite role/class in MMORPG: Tank or Healer
Favourite activity in MMORPG: immerse and slow paced chat only in character roleplay not only in taverns but also dungeons and everything 24/7
Horde or Alliance? Horde, Ork Shaman in classic and BC
Starwars or StarTrek? both, the Sequels dont exist, i gave them multiple chance, cant bear most of it, but love Rouge One and even Solo
GoT or The Walking Dead: none of them, watched GoT, but to much sex and some violence was too much for me, burning daughter etc.
dwarfs or elves? hard to say, both but can i become a half dwelve?
Beer or water? water
Pineapple on pizza? pizza with pineapples ^^

What will you play in Embers Adrift? Defender and supporter maybe.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Nickname: The Hat
IRL Location: In a van down by the river in the USA
year of birth: Lets just say the Beatles were still together.

How did you ended on this forum?: Beta feedback links.

What interest you most about Embers Adrift? Having played most of the MMOs that released between 1999 and 2010, I was curious what direction this game might be headed.

Kids? Two kids, 8 grandkids
Pets? not anymore :(
Significant other?
Astral Sign Aquarius
Favourite MMORPG Tough to name a single favorite. List: Everquest, Dungeons & Dragons Online, World of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls Online.
Favourite role/class in MMORPG Support CC/Enchanter or DPS/Rogue.
Favourite activity in MMORPG Exploring, discovering hidden corners or rare creatures, defeating incredibly difficult encounters
Horde or Alliance? Horde for Troll regen. :)
Starwars or StarTrek? Star Trek
GoT or The Walking Dead Game of Thrones. Loved TWD in the first few seasons but lost interest
dwarfs or elves? Elves
Beer or water? Water
Pineapple on pizza? Yes, but only if the sauce is a bit spicy.

What will you play in Embers Adrift? I haven't decided yet. Warlord or Marshal probably.

Hey all !

Nickname : Bloodseeker
IRL Location : FRANCE - North East
First language : Well... French :D
Year of birth : 1980

How did you ended on this forum ? : almost a year ago, when I first heard about this project.

What interest you most about Embers Adrift ? : You mean, aside not being able to solo the entire leveling phase in 2 weeks ? Mandatory group play !

Kids? : 3 (4 if you count myself)
Pets? : cat.
Significant other ? : married for almost 15 years
Astral Sign : Gemini (Saga rules !! :D )
Galaxian Explosion.gif
Favourite MMORPG : I played a bit of FFXIV and Elder Scrolls lately, though I can't really say they're my favorites... EQ and EQ2 were, before they've changed. Maybe Ember will be the next one ?
Favourite role/class in MMORPG : Healer/Support
Favourite activity in MMORPG : grouping with friends, accusing the DPS to pull the room, kicking the tank who felt asleep while waiting, dying, laughing, restart :)
Horde or Alliance ? : $*ù^!? Wow AND Blizzard (to be polite :) )
Starwars or StarTrek ? : None. If it must start with "star" I would rather say Stargate...
GoT or The Walking Dead : Out of spite I would say GoT. There are no dragons in TWD... though there are no elves in both...
Dwarfs or elves ? : ELVES ! (the darkest, the better (';..;') )
Beer or water? : BEEEEEEEER ! (Crap, that was a trap ! last question I answered "elves"... It doesn't fit... :p)
Pineapple on pizza ? : Do you put seafood in your Piña colada ???? For God sake !

What will you play in Embers Adrift? Healer, DPS, maybe a tank too... As for now I am playing a Warden as my current main.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Nickname:
Tharbeard
IRL Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
year of birth: long, long ago

early backer of SoL (Collector)

I was late to the MMO genre (Burning Crusade (WoW)), so I'd heard stories of EQ and the "old days". Liked the proposed emphasis on story and group play.

Kids?
Does Yngvi, my GSD count?
Pets? Yngvi, German Shepherd Dog
Significant other? Someday
Astral Sign Gemini
Favourite MMORPG The Secret World. Too bad it was such a hot mess!
Favourite role/class in MMORPG Varies
Favourite activity in MMORPG Exploring, crafting, completing achievements, the teamwork of raiding
Horde or Alliance? For the Horde!
Starwars or StarTrek? Neither
GoT or The Walking Dead GoT
dwarfs or elves? Dwarfs, always
Beer or water? Mead and cider!
Pineapple on pizza? Bleck!

What will you play in Embers Adrift?
If I can find a patient guild willing to help me learn to tank, I'll play Juggernaut. Otherwise Berserker or one of the other two Strikers.

Nickname: - Karlat
IRL Location: - USA East Coast
First language: - English
year of birth: - way back in the 60's

How did you ended on this forum?: - looking for it!

What interest you most about Embers Adrift? Hard old school play where people worked together and formed friendships instead of the current mmorpg random silent speed runs.

Kids? - Adult and will prob end up playing.
Pets? - 20 year old Dog named Kira
Significant other? - yup and she will end up playing to if all goes well, we are a gaming family. Christmas is two weeks of everyone at the house networked and playing together.
Astral Sign- No clue
Favourite MMORPG - Everquest BUT..it's time has come and gone and it is a shell now even on tlp's.
Favourite role/class in MMORPG - Tank
Favourite activity in MMORPG - Tanking lol
Horde or Alliance? Alliance! Only good Horde is a dead Horde....unless we are playing Horde 8)
Starwars or StarTrek? Both and both went to $#$# in recent years. Though Star Treks fall wasn't as bad.
GoT or The Walking Dead - Both but just repeat the question above really.
dwarfs or elves? - I thought they were the same race right? Dwarves are the men and Elven the women? Sorry I mean body type 1 and body type 2. What afriggin world.
Beer or water? - Beer as water would be far better. I hope its not too late to put it in the game as that.
Pineapple on pizza? - Doesn't matter to me as long as i do not have to make it.

What will you play in Embers Adrift? - umm I will try everything and settle on tanking like always im sure.

Back