What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Feedback Gathering Bag

is this feedback?

Superbitsandbob

Could the scraps from gathering go to the main bag instead of the gathering bag? Just move them over at the moment but would be a nice QOL thing.

I can see this from both perspectives.

1. Inventory is missing/full and scraps going to your gathering bag is convenient.
2 .Gathering bag is full and scraps keep going in there. Also they aren't raw components for recipes, so they are more vendor junk category.
Since they stack indefinitely is there a reason why you prefer them in your main bag? Are you running out of space in your gathering bag?

Perhaps this is an improvement for the bags to have a priority so stackable items go into your main bag first if a stack matches, otherwise send it to the gathering bag. We can change them so they don't go into the gathering bag at all, but I think this is a net-negative change for players.

My gathering bag does fill up but I can just manually move them to my main bag. As scraps are not used in crafting but kind of like a failed gathering attempt and vendor trash thought it might make sense. No biggie though only takes a sec to move them out.

Perhaps this is an improvement for the bags to have a priority so stackable items go into your main bag first if a stack matches, otherwise send it to the gathering bag.
Seems like a smart move to program that. Hard to think of a downside by doing this. Giving players the choice where they want to store a specific item is always good.

The priority of bag destinations are:
Pouch --> Reagent Pouch --> Gathering Bag --> Inventory Bag.
The criteria of which bag is chosen is the following:
  • Pouch: is the item a consumable that can go into your pouch and does the pouch have room?
  • Reagent Pouch: is the item a reagent that you can use and does the pouch have room?
  • Gathering Bag: is the item considered a "raw material" and does your gathering bag have room?
  • Inventory Bag: if all of the above fails, does your inventory have room?
These scrap materials are considered "raw materials" so they end up in your gathering bag. One of the disadvantages of changing them would mean that you could no longer loot them while missing your belongings. However, we can look into improving the target bag logic by seeing if an item already exists in one of your other bags first. This gets a little more complex with crafted items and the such but it should be doable to some degree at some point in the future.

Back