Greetings! I'm brand new to the game and wanted to provide some feedback on my first playtest. I realize much of what I describe may be redundant and well-covered here by others with solutions already on the roadmap. Nonetheless, here are some things that stood out to me:
- First and foremost, the game is a blast! You really nailed the combat and atmosphere. Well done! I am a proud backer at this point.
- I’d like a longer beard option to really nail my grizzled old wizard look! (Hey, this is important!)
- I played briefly in the test event last weekend and found the nighttime darkness to be much better last night by comparison. I saw some folks in chat bemoaning the lighter night sky and implore you to not listen to these crazy people! It’s’ possible to create a believable nighttime feel without leaving players blind and you're very close to achieving that.
- On that note, please add a Brightness slider to the Video options. I sense mine needed adjusting.
- I sure would appreciate a player marker on the map. Seeing fellow groupmates on the map would also be great (yes, I realize I find them using the arrow around their group portrait).
- It's sometimes hard to see the target marker in tall grass - I suggest either raising it a bit or adding a third dimension (height) to the marker to increase visibility
- Why does nobody seem to use the LFG tool? It's fantastic and I give you major props for having this tool built at this stage of development. I’ve mostly had to spam chat to get anywhere with grouping though.
- Performance was a little stuttery upon logging in but became much smoother a moment afterward… it remained very smooth all evening. Definitely an improvement over last weekend's performance!
- Is it possible to vary the duration of a bear’s stun based on a resist roll or something? I think it was 7 seconds each time and it felt disproportionately punishing. Maybe that's a result of my gear and level (or lack thereof)?
- Can you change it to automatically turn off auto-attack after defeating an enemy? I keep accidentally attacking things when I target them immediately following an encounter.
- Please add a compass!
- When hovering over loot, I would appreciate a pop-up description of the currently-equipped item in that slot for quick comparison. Not wanting to seem overly greedy in groups, several times I clicked Greed on something I actually really needed because I didn't have adequate time to assess things.
- Thank you for not including PvP. There are plenty of PvP-focused games out there and not enough that make PvE the star of the show!
- I'm an old-school EverQuest player and no MMO has ever come close to topping it, in my humble opinion. It sure feels like at least one person on the team shares my affinity for that great old game.
- I read the patch notes but couldn't figure out how to manually go AFK. Typing /afk didn't do the trick.
- I much prefer a first-person perspective with the option to switch to third-person to view my character. Any chance of adding a first-person option?
- I'd like the ability to opt-in on allowing folks to inspect me (or opt out).