What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Feedback

Skeezix

Hello!

Some quick-n-dirty feedback in no particular order:

- excellent progress during my 3 month hiatus. Too much to list, but seriously, wow. Excited to see what the future holds.
- bears, what's with the 360 aoe 8 second stun? Should be frontal cone or maybe frontal 180. (teaches positioning in the early game)
- the new attack ability for all classes at level 1. Great addition.
- janky camera in tight corridors, especially noticeable in Central Veins. Possible zoom in to first person view would fix.
- like the humanoids ability to call their friends. However, again in CV it can be quite punishing for newbs and pugs - maybe it's too aggressive for a newb dungeon? (CC not even available until level 6)
- seriously where are the named in CV? Spent many hours haven't seen one named and the itemization is bleh. (yay another bag full of helms and gloves!) :p
- friend of mine leveled to 6 off the level 1 and level 2 mobs at the start area. Said the time to kill ratio was more efficient vs killing even cons. Maybe an xp tweak is necessary?
- the new skybox - awesome.
- ember flux. Is it suppose to be this rare? Brig is level 9 and sent is level 7. ONE ember flux between the both of them.
- a guild bank? Could be another money sink..

I really should write stuff down as I play, I know I'm forgetting stuff. Ahhh well, that's all for now.
Cheers,
Skeezix

I really should write stuff down as I play, I know I'm forgetting stuff. Ahhh well, that's all for now.

I appreciate it either way lol

- bears, what's with the 360 aoe 8 second stun? Should be frontal cone or maybe frontal 180. (teaches positioning in the early game)

It's a Daze, which differs from Stun in that you can still move and autoattack. The 360 degrees is related to it being the bear's roar not like a swipe or stomp. In its current form is emphasizes how ranged combat can be advantageous as well. I don't necessarily think one is better than another, but until we have VFX for the ability its hard to know what is a cone and what is an aoe.
- the new attack ability for all classes at level 1. Great addition.

Great to hear, let me know when you feel like you've outgrown it at higher levels.
- like the humanoids ability to call their friends. However, again in CV it can be quite punishing for newbs and pugs - maybe it's too aggressive for a newb dungeon? (CC not even available until level 6)

This might get toned down for this specific case. This is the first feedback we've had for how the change felt for CV (a special case due to no possible CC as you mentioned) so more feedback around this would be helpful.
- seriously where are the named in CV? Spent many hours haven't seen one named and the itemization is bleh. (yay another bag full of helms and gloves!) :p

The helms issue should be fixed for this week. They definitely don't have nearly as diverse of a loot table as they did previously. The named can be fairly boom or bust for players, with recent loot tables changes there may still be more adjustments needed to help balance the risk/reward for humanoids and those specifically in dungeons.
- friend of mine leveled to 6 off the level 1 and level 2 mobs at the start area. Said the time to kill ratio was more efficient vs killing even cons. Maybe an xp tweak is necessary?

I think this is specific to the low levels since the difference between a lvl 1 and a lvl 2 is large while the difference between a lvl 21 and a lvl 22 is small. It took us a long time to settle where we are in regards to the exp and level difference, we can revisit it but I suspect the priority is low.

- ember flux. Is it suppose to be this rare? Brig is level 9 and sent is level 7. ONE ember flux between the both of them.

Fairly rare yes.

Back