What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Feedback Gaming Experience

Huginson

Thank you very much for the open beta.
And thanks to Elloa for the good introduction on Youtube.
The game is very different from other MMORPGs.
I freely admit that I am missing a few typical quality of life things from other games.
Most likely I would need some time to get used to all the specialties here.
Nonetheless, as a long time P&P player, it was a great experience.
Thank you again, Stormhaven Team.

Pros:
The immersion is nice.
For example: Behaviour of guards and other NPCs, using torches.

Cons:
No marker for the player on the map.
Map gets only updated at the next Ember Fire.
Quests are not properly explained (Baerdin in the woods, there was no information where to get the quest item (bear urine).
No XP for questing, only for killing mobs. If this game is reflecting P&P roleplaying games, there should be XP for questing rather than grinding.

Last edited:
I did not realize quests do not award XP. I too would very much like that to be changed. Spending the time to travel and collect items and travel back all for possibly a tiny award should be balanced with a good chunk of XP.

Reactions: CWB
Thank you very much for the open beta.
The game is very different from other MMORPGs.
I freely admit that I am missing a few typical quality of life things from other games.
Most likely I would need some time to get used to all the specialties here.
Nonetheless, as a long time P&P player, it was a great experience.
Thank you again, Stormhaven Team.

Pros:
The immersion is nice.
For example: Behaviour of guards and other NPCs, using torches.

Cons:
Map gets only updated at the next Ember Fire.
Quests are not properly explained (Baerdin in the woods, there was no information where to get the quest item (bear urine).
No XP for questing, only for killing mobs. If this game is reflecting P&P roleplaying games, there should be XP for questing rather than grinding.
I agree about the map. I would also like to have an actual compass on the interface so I know which direction I’m running. There is a compass for when you need to find your body or a group member. But if the group member is out of range you can’t click on them to get a compass to them. I would love a compass with dots on it in different colors where eat colored dot represents each group member.

I love the Grindy/xp aspect and difficulty of this game. It really pushes you to socialize and group. I am enjoying it.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

@Aevirey We have a compass. It's the blue planet in the sky. It show you the North ;) (this is the only compass we intent to have in the game)

Thank you so much for mentionning me! Hope it gave you some useful informations!

When you go by an emberring, you can see your location as the emberring is highlighted in blue. This is the only marker we intend to pu in place. We want the player to explore the world and get to know it without the GPS function that you ahve in other game.

This is also intended to allow players to jump into questing if they wish. If we were rewarding XP for quest, players would feel forced to do them whether they like it or not. Then they would complain because with our quest system we ask players to be smart and think for themselves to find locations , clues and the like. Or because the text are too lenghty. We want our quest to be optional. Players can get into them if they choose to do so for the Lore, or for the reward. This give us the freedom to make our quest much more difficult and lenghty in text.

disagree, when i was a GM i gave XP to the group at the end of the session based on my notices. I also did not give XP for killed enemies during the session, you couldnt level up during a session, you startet Level X and the whole Session you do your best as a ROLEPLAY character and play your role, fight, negotiate, search, find, investigate etc. and at the end you got your XP by me and maybe you have leveld up or you need a 2nd session to get from LEvel X to Level Y.

Later i had a group who wanted XP for everything they did midgame and they also wanted to level up midgame and it was a desaster and became a game for numbers only.
The decision to kill an ork was based on the XP and to level up maybe and not based on roleplay.

Back