What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Embers Adrift Press Release: 2.24.23 - Pricing Change; Content; Roadmap

Drindin

Executive Producer
Stormhaven Studios
February 24th, 2023: Embers Adrift hosted a free weekend at the end of January and after analyzing all the feedback we have decided to reduce our pricing. Embers Adrift has come a long way in our first 4 months and we wanted to share what we’ve accomplished. Our year for 2023 is looking very exciting; please take a high level look at where we’re headed throughout 2023.

In its first 4 months Embers Adrift has seen a number of major content updates (not included below are equipment, performance, balancing, and other design adjustments and implementations). We want to take some time to look at what we’ve done since mid-October, 2022, what we’ve got in store for our big patch on the 28th, and where we’re going:

Major Content Releases in Our First 4 Months

ZONES:
  • 4 New Ember Vein dungeons for low, mid, and high levels
  • The Aquifer: Karst; low level dungeon in Meadowlands
  • The Aquifer: Undercroft; large mid level solo/small/large group dungeon in Meadowlands
  • Redshore Ridge; high level large outdoor dungeon
  • Redshore Forest’s Exile Freehold; high level outdoor dungeon
NEW MONSTERS:
  • Darkwater Mobs in Undercroft
  • Giant Roaming Mobs added to all zones
  • Giant Drolsc
  • Giant Raven
  • Giant Mangrove (tree monsters)
  • Mandrakes (plant monsters)
  • Many More ‘Ashen’ mob variants added
  • Nocturnes
FEATURES:
  • Item Linking
  • Crafting Overhaul and Recipe additions
  • Worldwide Hallow Asset Update
  • Ember Vein dungeon overhaul
  • 2 new long form quests for Dryfoot and Redshore
  • New Hair Visuals
  • Active Defense overhaul
  • Threat/aggro overhaul
  • QA server open as of Feb. 15th
As you can see, the indie team at Stormhaven has been releasing major content updates at an impressive rate for such a small team. We hope you’ll recognize the passion that is driving our Studio and Embers Adrift forward. We appreciate your support and are working hard to meet and exceed player expectations. Our next patch is a major one which we are very excited to bring to players. Here are some major features, but keep an eye out for the patch notes which will be much more thorough:

February 28th Patch
  • Grimstone Canyon; Large overland region for mid to high level players starting at level 30
  • 8 New long form quests for a variety of level ranges: Runty’s Revenge | The Circle Expedition | In the Forest of Madness | Stones and Bones | The Hunt | The Great Hunt | The Eye in the Sky (All hail Blupiter! Lord of the North!) | Fight for the Freehold
  • Social Window UI improvements and filtering (including guild, friend, and LFG list filtering)
  • Chat functionality improvements: expanded in game chat to support non-english characters
  • Improvements for new abilities and added them as rare drops in a few zones
  • Storage Increases to both the shared bank and personal stash
  • Merchant Buyback
  • New monsters added: Slagjacks, Redmanes, Stonecoats, ‘Others’(not yet seen), and Scorpions.
  • Performance updates
  • Audio improvements and normalization
  • Dueling!
We are very excited about this patch as it contains many exciting features including some that our community members have been requesting. We look forward to seeing you in-game on the 28th and beyond. Speaking of ‘beyond’ here is a look at some of the plans we have for the rest of 2023. Check our forums for a more extensive list:

2023 Major Features Roadmap - SUBJECT TO CHANGE
  • Alchemy: Ember is a mysterious and powerful force that can be seen all around the world in its various manifestations. The story of its unlocking will be advanced in major ways throughout the remainder of the year. Newhaven (including the players) is currently in the phase 1 research stage of Alchemical discoveries in regards to the mysteries of Ember. Players will start to see phase 2 discoveries come in Q2. However, enemies who are using more unconventional and ethically questionable methods of experimentation with Ember may be found using phase 3 Alchemy against players soon. Alchemy will come into the players' hands as they encounter the unfolding storyline and by conquering challenges at higher levels. This story of lost knowledge and untapped potential will reveal the secrets of Ember as players explore, discover, and progress through Embers Adrift. To simply give that knowledge at level one would cheapen the power of Ember - it must be earned! Come find out what is in store for Alchemy and discover a new adventure unlike any you've experienced before. Together we will forge our own path in pursuit of the secrets of Ember!
  • Alchemy Phase 2: Q2 will see a major breakthrough into phase 2 at the Academy in Newhaven. Players will be able to affect their current abilities with Ember.
  • Alchemy Phase 3: Q3/Q4 of 2023 will see this storyline expanded from phase 2 into phase 3. At high levels players will be able to become Alchemists who have a greater grasp of the power of Ember.
  • Redshore Depths: Large multi-zone dungeon for high level players - Q2 of 2023
  • Highland Hills: large overland region for mid and high level players - Q3 of 2023
  • Grizzled Peaks: large overland region for high level players - Q4 of 2023
  • Storylines to include the mysterious ‘Others,’ Ember, and Vehueramen (the ruin-makers), as well as epic quests resulting in epic-tier gear.
  • Creatures: Skrats, ‘Others’, Cabal fanatics, and more mutated creatures who’ve been overwhelmed by Ember (no spoilers).

Price Change

The MMO market is filled with subscriptions, cash shops, pay to win, and other forms of monetization. Embers Adrift has only one monetization model - a one-time purchase, which includes a month of game time followed by the subscription. We think this is an important option in the MMO marketplace for players to have available. We believe in fostering a relationship between our players and our Studio, and a subscription only model is the best way for us to do that. The Studio is supported by players' subscriptions so we can in turn focus on giving our players more of the content they love instead of running a digital storefront. We intend to keep offering Embers Adrift as a ‘purchase + subscription’ model. We know players have a lot of choices in the MMO landscape, and because of that we've decided to lower the subscription price of Embers Adrift to $9.99/mo. while continuing to avoid other forms of monetization in our game. We will also be adding the ability for players to purchase game time for others, as well as dropping the upfront price for the game with an extended discount of $29.99 until further notice. If you’ve been thinking about trying Embers Adrift now is the time!

Ignite Your Adventure and join us in 2023 by purchasing Embers Adrift today and subscribing so you don’t miss any of the action.
https://www.embersadrift.com/Store

Oh cool so no in game rewards or thank you or partial refund or free month for the players that already bought the game at full price and the special lower sub cost that some of us were given for being subbed before January now everyone just gets and we get no price reduction. Really appreciate how you guys choose to reward loyalty.

Oh cool so no in game rewards or thank you or partial refund or free month for the players that already bought the game at full price and the special lower sub cost that some of us were given for being subbed before January now everyone just gets and we get no price reduction. Really appreciate how you guys choose to reward loyalty.
Why on earth would you expect that? They've already dealt with the few people who paid the $15 subscription fee, I can't remember whether it was added gametime or a small refund, but it was done. If you're on a $10 plan then you're not paying any more than anybody else, and if you're talking about the extra $10 we spent on the box fee then I'm really not sure what to say because that's like buying something at Walmart and seeing it go on sale the next week and complaining to them about it.

We have been lowering the price of the monthly sub several weeks ago already. The few players that had been paying the 15$ for their sub have received 2 weeks of free sub to compensate. We have been changing the price of the sub before we wanted to announce it, to be as fair as possible. This had not been announced however before today because we wanted to combine this announce with our first Big Patch.

After a lot of discussions and annalysis, we have decided to lower the prices of our monthly subscription to beneficiate our playerbase as a whole. We do hope that the monthly sub price will be more attractive to new players, returning players and non USA based players (who have to pay taxes in addition of the base cost).

Why on earth would you expect that? They've already dealt with the few people who paid the $15 subscription fee, I can't remember whether it was added gametime or a small refund, but it was done. If you're on a $10 plan then you're not paying any more than anybody else, and if you're talking about the extra $10 we spent on the box fee then I'm really not sure what to say because that's like buying something at Walmart and seeing it go on sale the next week and complaining to them about it.
Never said I expected any of it, just pointing out how cool it is that it was provided.

To bring back some good mood, let's distract everyone with a picture of me with my new boyfriend. Isn't he looking awesome?
I don't like to use the term usually but as heavy as he is, he's definitely punching above his weight with his girlfriend. :D

I enjoyed the couple of months of Embers Adrift, but personally I feel as if there needs to be an addition of a new race or two, something basic like dwarfs and elves. I don't know how feasible it would be, maybe something that can be done in a major expansion to include other starting areas, but diversifying an MMO seems to be pretty basic.

I enjoyed the couple of months of Embers Adrift, but personally I feel as if there needs to be an addition of a new race or two, something basic like dwarfs and elves. I don't know how feasible it would be, maybe something that can be done in a major expansion to include other starting areas, but diversifying an MMO seems to be pretty basic.
You can make Dwarves or Elves already through the existing character models. An elf is just a tall skinny human and a dwarf is just a short fat human, all they would need to do to make the elf body type more elflike would be to allow ear customization. I mean, one of my characters is already a dwarf with a ginger beard and I see quite a few others dwarves running around too :)

Back