What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

CV2 exploration - 9/2/22

Blyte Plays

Went through CV2 tonight with a totally OP group.

Went through the exile entrance. Some criticism from the group experience:

The egress point on the exile side was a welcome sight. Really need another one at the exile/spider cross over point.

We were often turned around and lost, and frustrated by repetitive looking spots with multiple dead ends.

We were often getting balls of spiders that would have been wiped for on level groups deep down.

We encountered a monster called drip fang about 4 times. We encountered a named Prospector named Neal I believe, one time. The spider dropped a bracer all 4 times. Could use more variety in drops for this spider. The Prospector dropped a nice mid tier pick.

The corridors could use more distinctive markers. Some glyphs the exiles have scrawled, a busted mine cart, some busted tracks, etc.. it's important to convey to friends things like "dont go left at the bucket room!" Or "hang a right at the mine cart."

The mob types could use some variety. Some rooms that are obvious boss rooms that might invite players to sit and camp. Many players are old school and like to do this. I dont think it should be discouraged in any way.

I feel there should be a 4-chev boss down at the bottom that will crunch all but the most hardened of groups. But let them see it coming, and opt-in or out. Even if it defeats a group, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I think there should be an introduction of another sect of exiles, which are evil twisted ones. That use abilities that are alien and wear clothing with symbols setting them apart from the rest. An exile cult that maybe has harnessed some twisted ember adjacent heretical arts, and even have ember demon patronage.

If some 4-chev Envoy of <insert cult name>, was a boss down there, or guest of a boss down there, it would be cool.

We want to feel like we are uncovering something, that points to perilous future.

But please make sure there is an egress point down there!

Last edited:
Future dungeons might have this exile cult and they are on another power level, like heroic dungeons in wow, where they are more elite, and their Chevron tier system will convey a lot more power. IE a skull adjacent to the chevs, and a single chev might be like a 3chev for a standard monster. The dungeon might be for high powered groups or two groups working in chorus.

I feel for all the dungeons they need more props added to give a sense of direction and landmarks. Have random broken gear by the wall, crates, backpacks from lost adventures. A lot of those tunnel areas look 100% the same. Some random cave drawings etc. anything to use as a landmark or indicator of the direction you came from.

That was my first time in CV2 and here’s my feedback:

1- Too much copy/paste design this is very apparent and feels bad.

2- This is a maze, but not in a fun way like CV1. Needs more landmarks, like other suggested and not reuse design.

3- mobs aggroing from too far away and through walls. almost unbeatable for on level group.

4- It needs more egress points at strategic place. I would seperate the dungeon into sections that are obvious and groups can decide if they want to go further or call it a day. So when you come back you know whats your progress.

5- There’s no sense of exploration since every corner looks the same. I would make an internal rule that you can never reuse the same assets inside the same instance.

Final thoughts:

I suggest you guys to map the dungeon before creating it and stop using copy/paste. Trying to get things out faster will kill the dungeon crawling experience, for me at least. You could use different Biome to separate section, so you have a better progression feeling.

3- mobs aggroing from too far away and through walls. almost unbeatable for on level group.
Can you please report locations where mobs are seeing through walls? This is obviously not intended. Unless it's only specific mobs? Some mobs may have sensors (such as smell) that do not require LoS. But even in situations like this if there is a gameplay problem (too many at once) that needs to be reported as well so we can address it.

I suggest you guys to map the dungeon before creating it and stop using copy/paste. Trying to get things out faster will kill the dungeon crawling experience, for me at least. You could use different Biome to separate section, so you have a better progression feeling.
We aren't just copy/pasting dungeons. They are indeed laid out before creation - but that doesn't always equate to a good player experience.

Can you please report locations where mobs are seeing through walls? This is obviously not intended. Unless it's only specific mobs? Some mobs may have sensors (such as smell) that do not require LoS. But even in situations like this if there is a gameplay problem (too many at once) that needs to be reported as well so we can address it.

We aren't just copy/pasting dungeons. They are indeed laid out before creation - but that doesn't always equate to a good player experience.
3 - In CV1 (sorry, haven't been to CV2, yet) the extra adds issue seemed to be happening with most groups of mobs (discounting some fault of my own imprecise tanking/pulling). Sometimes I'd see a clean shot and I'd still pull 2 or 3, which is fine. Other times, later I'd take the same clean shot and pull 5 or more - they'd come pouring down from above/below and around corners. Seemed like they were sometimes 1^ and 2^, but on a return to grab our bags after a wipe there were several 2^ and 3^ all in a single pull. I think that, worst-case, there should be no more than one 3^ per pull which should never include more than one other 2^ or two other 1^ per pull. It's a starter dungeon, so perhaps more brutality w/ pulls later in the game? With regards to the wipe, it was the path winding down to the right around the first large spider room (with the platform int he middle); no one pulled anything, the spiders on the platform just started running down and aggro'd additional spiders on the way. It was my fault, I was hugging the far wall as it wound down, so I must have been spotted from above, but that seemed "off".

Can you please report locations where mobs are seeing through walls?
If we use /report in game, does that automatically include the player's current location to the devs as hidden text, or do we need to use a command to obtain our location and include it in our report?

If we use /report in game, does that automatically include the player's current location to the devs as hidden text, or do we need to use a command to obtain our location and include it in our report?
Yes it does give the dev your location.

Went through CV2 tonight with a totally OP group.

Went through the exile entrance. Some criticism from the group experience:

The egress point on the exile side was a welcome sight. Really need another one at the exile/spider cross over point.

We were often turned around and lost, and frustrated by repetitive looking spots with multiple dead ends.

We were often getting balls of spiders that would have been wiped for on level groups deep down.

We encountered a monster called drip fang about 4 times. We encountered a named Prospector named Neal I believe, one time. The spider dropped a bracer all 4 times. Could use more variety in drops for this spider. The Prospector dropped a nice mid tier pick.

The corridors could use more distinctive markers. Some glyphs the exiles have scrawled, a busted mine cart, some busted tracks, etc.. it's important to convey to friends things like "dont go left at the bucket room!" Or "hang a right at the mine cart."

The mob types could use some variety. Some rooms that are obvious boss rooms that might invite players to sit and camp. Many players are old school and like to do this. I dont think it should be discouraged in any way.

I feel there should be a 4-chev boss down at the bottom that will crunch all but the most hardened of groups. But let them see it coming, and opt-in or out. Even if it defeats a group, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I think there should be an introduction of another sect of exiles, which are evil twisted ones. That use abilities that are alien and wear clothing with symbols setting them apart from the rest. An exile cult that maybe has harnessed some twisted ember adjacent heretical arts, and even have ember demon patronage.

If some 4-chev Envoy of <insert cult name>, was a boss down there, or guest of a boss down there, it would be cool.

We want to feel like we are uncovering something, that points to perilous future.

But please make sure there is an egress point down there!
I feel you
If they don’t have the resource or the imagination to do it
they can just copy & paste , literally JUST COPY
it’s scary why after 27 years and not a single developer had managed to capture or even try to copy that soul of Everquest ,

Seriously how do those guys did it 26 years ago?

so much details so much life instill in every dungeon

those organic dungeon design , frog dungeon Guk…
Velk in scars of velious

I have posted the map layout and point of interest for them to copy , I think they know many of their player base are old eq players
Post in thread 'I’ve lost the will to login'
https://forums.embersadrift.com/index.php?threads/i’ve-lost-the-will-to-login.2840/post-19715

It seems most of the players feel the same about ember current dungeon design

I wish the developer would take a look of how the legend does it

Last year is my first time to be at runny eyes, it was fun as hell all those crazy aggro and crazy design ,however we stopped playing Everquest 1 again because it feels pointless it being run by a company who doesn’t care about bot and players running bot team is the norm

Back