What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Crafting Harvesting (Gathering & Refinement Related)

Ravenwolf Silvermoon

Hello. Thought this was interesting while waiting to group. During the 12 hours I waited, this is what I came to realize. Its not easy to find a group lol. This all started at 08:19PM to 08:14Am. At 08:19PM, turn on LFG tag in game, even mentioned it on Discord, looking for a group. At 10:45PM finally got a group going. Lasted couple hours, mostly just gathered resources, some encounters, and adventuring here and there. From 12:46AM to 08:14AM put up LFG tag again in game and on Discord, looking for a group again lol. Currently still LFG as I am typing this lol.

Anyways, during those time, I unlearned Hunting level 7 and Provisioner level 11, picked up Forestry, then at level 6 picked up Prospector. From 08:19PM to 08:14AM, got Forestry to level 10.43% and Prospector to 7.63% and even made a level and half (from Marshal/Defender level 9 to level 11.01%. Did no refining, just kept gathering resources. Some test player may level up Forestry faster or slower, each at their own pace. Same goes for Prospector. Not sure this would count as casual or average player. No clue on what the average time it would take to level up any crafting harvesting to 10 (currenlty Provisoner is an exception), Forestry and Prospector will takes hours to level up to 10 starting out. If you were to refine them along the way, you probably get to 10 a lot faster.

So if you are waiting to group, best to do some gathering resources and adventuring while you wait (be it 12 hours or so). It will be a long wait if you just sitting around at the Ember Ring...
This is what I have gathered in those 12 hours with Forestry and Prospector (plus the 6 Malachite I gave away).
Waiting to Group.jpg

Last edited:
Hello. Am ready to start crafting for this current test build (Jun 22 2022 to current). Have been gathering and collecting since Jun 24 2022 to see what this new crafting system is like. Will post info when can. Could have gotten some of these a lot sooner, but you know how we get sidetracked (defeating mobs, grouping, exploring, etc.,). And now that we can choose another crafting ability at 12, it makes it a lot easier to gather and craft.
Ready to Craft.jpg

Hello. Have been harvesting a lot of raw resources for this test build (Jun 22 2022 to current). Started refining Copper Ores at level 21 and Tin Ores at level 22. It took said numbers of Copper and Tin Ores to refine them into Copper & Tin Ingots. At level 1 to 20 in Prospecting, the ratio is still one for one. One Ore to one Ingot. Maybe it will change at level 30? I don't know. This is what I have so far from tonight testing.

It took 1057 Copper Ores to get to level 22 in 21 minutes and 35 seconds.
It took 231 Tin Ores to get to level 23 in Prospecting (from level 22) in 4 mins 20 seconds.
It took 305 Tin Ores to get to level 24 in Prospecting (from level 23) in 5 minutes 40 seconds.
It took 405 Tin Ores to get to level 25 in Prospecting (from level 24) in 7 minutes 35 seconds.
Will do Zink when I gather more resources. For the Copper and Tin Ores, did not fail once with all that resources being refined. Not sure if its a level thing.

Last edited:
Hello. At level 16 in Hunting, did some refinement for Coarse Lean Carcasses. Ratio is one for two, one Coarse Lean Carcasses yields 2 Bones, or 2 Leather, or 2 Meat, or 2 Fur Pelts. At level 1 you get 2 Bones, or 2 Leather, or 2 Meat, or 2 Fur Pelts. Seems you should get more yields from refinement as you increase your Crafting skills imo (at 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, or not). Will find out at level 20, what each yield. Did not fail on any Coarse Lean Carcasses. Failed 5 times during refinement with the Rough Light Carcasses at level 20 (60 attempts, 55 success, 5 fail).

Rough Light Carcasses, at level 19 in Hunting is one for one ratio. One Rough Light Carcasses = One Bone, Fur Pelt, Leather, or Meat.
Rough Light Carcasses, at level 20 in Hunting is one for two ratio. One Rough Light Carcasses =Two Bones, Fur Pelts, Leather, or Meat.
Coarse Lean Carcasses ratio is STILL one for two (One Coarse Lean Carcasses = 2 Bones, or 2 Leather, or 2 Meat, or 2 Fur Pelts.

It took 298 Coarse Lean Carcasses to get to level 17 in 5 minutes 15 sec (give or take few seconds, was getting coffee).
It took 363 Coarse Lean Carcasses to get to level 18 in 7 minutes 10 seconds (did not get coffee, was looking at stop watch this time).
It took 473 Coarse Lean Carcasses to get to level 19 in 9 minutes 05 seconds.
It took 60 Rough Light Carcasses to get to level 20 in 2 minutes 20 seconds.

Refining Coarse Lean Carcasses at level 1-19, we get two (bones, fur pelts, leather, or meat). Could we maybe get it to yield three at level 20-50, max at three yield for the Coarse Lean Carcasses?

Would do one more test but don't have enough Rough Light Carcasses to get to 21. Have 115 Rough Light Carcasses left, it will be close. Will try to get more and continue this at another time.

Last edited:
Hello. Did some refinement for Forestry at level 17. At level 1 to 20 in Forestry, the ratio is one for one when you refine raw resources to said items for crafting. Timberland Pine Log, you get one Pine Wood or two Pine Saps. Timberland Flax you get one Linen (Oil, Cloth, String, or Bowstring). Common Penny Bun Mushroom, you get one Penny Bun Mushroom Oil.

Prairie Cedar Log, you get one Cedar Wood or two Cedar Saps. Prairie Cotton you get one Cotton (Oil, Cloth, String, Bowstring). Prairie (Penny Bun, Spike Cap, & Cobalt Wax Mushrooms) you get one mushroom Oil (Penny Bun Oil, Spike Cap Oil, or Cobalt Wax). Common Muddle Mushroom, you get one Muddle Mushroom Oil.

It took 396 Common Penny Bun Mushroom to get to level 18, in 7 minutes 40 seconds. No fails.
It took 496 Timberland Flax to get to level 19 in 9 minutes 45 seconds. No fails.
It took 638 Timberland Flax to get to level 20 in 12 minutes 32 seconds. No fails.

Last edited:
Hello. Some thoughts, from what I noticed today in the refinement and crafting for this test build (Jun 22 2022 to current).
One Timberland Flax makes one Linen (Oil, Cloth, String, or Bowstring). One Timberland Log makes one Wood or two Pine Saps. When harvesting Flaxes, you either get 1 or 2, averaging about 1 (at least for me). On a good day, you may get a lot of 2s, (depends on the RNG loot table or something).

You have to spend a lot of time harvesting Flaxes for use in making a variety of things. It would be nice if the amount you harvest (yield) changes as you level up. For example, at level 1-10 you get 1-2 per attempt. At level 10-20, 1-3 per attempt. At level 20-30 1-4 per attempt, maxing out at 1-4 for South Newhaven & North Newhaven Timberland and Common resources.

Currently this is what it looks like.
One Flax makes one Linen Cloth, which is used by all three Crafting Trade (Weaponsmith, Outfitter, and Provisioner). You need a lot of Flaxes for this, for all three Crafting Trades.
One Flax makes one Linen Oil and it is used in making four different types of Potions (Focus, Healing, Regeneration, and Physical Resist Potions). You need a lot of Flaxes for Provisioner.
One Pine Log makes either one Pine Wood or two Pine Saps. The Pine Wood gets used in a lot of the Weaponsmith recipes and some Provisioner recipes.
Just saying, it takes a lot of Flaxes starting out to make so many things, in so many ways.

Crafting Trade are Provisoner, Outfitter, and Weaponsmith.
Crafting Harvest are Forestry, Hunting, and Prospector.

Last edited:
You have to spend a lot of time harvesting Flaxes for use in making a variety of things. It would be nice if the amount you harvest (yield) changes as you level up. For example, at level 1-10 you get 1-2 per attempt. At level 10-20, 1-3 per attempt. At level 20-30 1-4 per attempt, maxing out at 1-4 for South Newhaven & North Newhaven Timberland and Common resources.
I think this is the plan with Harvesting spec, as mentioned in the WIP post :)

Back