What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Consignment Shop suggestion.

Zorvan

Everyone know the inherent problems with full on auction shops, and most also know the drawbacks of "personal vendors" like SWG or even worse "guild traders" like ESO.

So while seeing an ad for a local swap meet, it hit me. Consignment shops.

For those who've never used one, a consignment shop is where you take your items, they tell you what it will sell for, and they put it up in their shop to sell for you for a small fee.|

In this case, Stormhaven would be the consigner and us the consignees.

In other words, Stormhave decides what items are worth and that's what they get priced for when you list them. No undercutting or gouging possible as we have no control over the price. Regular overland weapon/armor drops are listable. Potions, mats, reagents, etc can be listable or not, dev choice.

Named items, rare drops, etc., are not listable.

Can add a small fee to list as a gold sink, or not.

This helps put a little coin in people's pockets and ensures that new players have an easy resource after most of us have long gotten to level cap. Also keeps Newhaven as a " hub" regardless of level and keeps the economy stable as a bonus, rather than new players finding a tier 1 sword costing gold.

There are already redundancies in vendor wares in Newhaven City, so clearing one to rename Consortium Consignments should be easy enough.

Last edited:
Everyone know the inherent problems with full on auction shops, and most also know the drawbacks of "personal vendors" like SWG or even worse "guild traders" like ESO.

So while seeing an ad for a local swap meet, it hit me. Consignment shops.

For those who've never used one, a consignment shop is where you take your items, they tell you what it will sell for, and they put it up in their shop to sell for you for a small fee.|

In this case, Stormhaven would be the consigner and us the consignees.

In other words, Stormhave decides what items are worth and that's what they get priced for when you list them. No undercutting or gouging possible as we have no control over the price. Crafted items and regular weapon/armor drops are listable. Potions, mats, reagents, etc can be listable or not, dev choice.

Named items, rare drops, etc., are not listable.

Can add a small fee to list as a gold sink, or not.

This helps put a little coin in people's pockets and ensures that new players have an easy resource after most of us have long gotten to level cap. Also keeps Newhaven as a " hub" regardless of level and keeps the economy stable as a bonus, rather than new players finding a tier 1 sword costing gold.

There are already redundancies in vendor wares in Newhaven City, so clearing one to rename Consortium Consignments should be easy enough.
I would be all for this. I often just give stuff away because it is easier than trying to sell it in most cases. I would even go for it being only open for a set time and day much like the trading market on Sunday's is now. That way people still gather for the market in town but instead of spamming trade chat it can go in the shop and people can see it and buy it for a limited time.

I would be all for this. I often just give stuff away because it is easier than trying to sell it in most cases. I would even go for it being only open for a set time and day much like the trading market on Sunday's is now. That way people still gather for the market in town but instead of spamming trade chat it can go in the shop and people can see it and buy it for a limited time.
I'd like to keep the the vendor up 24/7 just so people can get basic weapons/armor for their level.

For instance I've been grinding Meadowlands and Brookhaven for days now and not even one basic 10-20 weapon drop so I can replace my level 1-10 sword.

This way people don't have to feel they need to have every crafting job and thus have to juggle 3 characters to play when just one is going to take a while. Of course, those who do like that still can.

Also many people who like grouping won't ask someone else for help, due to social anxiety, language barriers, or other issues, so this helps to remove some small barriers that may be keeping people interested in the game from buying it.

We can always just have it for strictly that, and still have the trading meetups separately for the crafted weapons/armor, mats, named items, flux, rares, basically all else.

Rather continue to have no auction house then a gimped one that doesn't allow player agency at all

There was a post many months ago discussing the value of an auction house system, where Undone had commented and said that it was something they were looking at doing, but hadn't decided what it would look like in game at that point. I'm not sure if anything more has been said about it. I don't understand the resistance in the community against the idea of an auction house system in game. Having a reliable and easily accessible way to engage in trade with other players, that doesn't require the player to put playing the game on hold so they can sell the stuff clogging up their inventory is pretty much always a good thing. I know I've personally vendored and tossed out items that I'm sure other players would have liked to have, because trying to sell it was more hassle than I was willing to put into it. Hopefully some news about a system of trade will come soon.

Back