What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Community Towards Supports/Healers?

Rokal

Hail and well met, all.

Question regarding community attitudes towards the Support/Healer classes... in many an MMO Healers catch a metric crap ton of vitriol and invective for deaths, wipes, etc.

I've been playing a Healer in a ton of MMOs since EQ1, and pretty much since the WoW era started, Healers in every MMO catch a ton of crap and blame... it's made me only want to heal for folks I know/guildies/etc, or simply stop playing in groups altogether... which is annoying since I do enjoy grouping and meeting folks.

Yes, sometimes it's my fault, though I'm seasoned enough that it's not often my fault, but I do, every Support/Healer does, screw up at times.

So, honest answer please... do Support/Healers in this game catch a bunch of hatred in general,even if the death/wioe is their fault?

Thank you for your time and thoughts.

Take care,
Rokal, Newbie Wannabe Support Player

Level 25 sentinel (supporter) main here -- I have yet to experience anything like this in Embers Adrift, though I am familiar with it from a variety of other MMOs. I don't know that I've really seen much wipe-blaming at all though. What I most often hear is an acknowledgement of why it happened -- "repops got us" "overpull" "we should have pulled back more' or whatever -- and then get on with recovery. There are probably some jerks out there, but most people seem to make different choices about how to treat each other, and I appreciate that.

Back