What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Bulletin Boards Discussion

Mynno

Yesterday there was quite a lengthy discussion in world chat on the likes and dislikes of the new Bulletin Boards used to give out task for experience in game, I thought we should discuss it here as well since the developers do read the posts in these forums.

I for one love the Bulletin Boards! I have had very few issues other than some kill task that took a very long time to accomplish since it was for a creature that was hard to find and spread out pretty thin. Still it didn't bother me that much since I was gaining exps from killing other things in the region as I searched for my elusive foes. And the experience I am gaining when turning in the task is very good! I can't wait until they add the other types of tasks.

What I really like about the Bulletin Boards though is they are proof the developers listen to their player base and adjust things in the game within the confines of their vision of what they want their game to be. I.E. the game is still group focused but now there are ways to get decent experience if you happen to be solo. I personally am still waiting to knock over some anthills with a group but while waiting I am running around doing Bulletin Board stuff as well as gathering so I am still enjoying my time in game.

As I said in Elloa's stream event in the last 24 hours, I think it is the second best item added to the game behind GEL.

I've not seen the world chat, but I like the variation in difficulty, if every task was sanitised to be of the same difficulty it would get very boring very quickly.

I've done about 30 of them in the last two weeks, as some of my regular groupings have not been available.
The majority have been in Redshore.

I've found the Exile Scouts, I've killed 2 chev crabs, crocodiles, ridgebacks, elks, emberwing thingos, snatchscale hunters and sometimes I've just had to kill 20 animals.
The range of difficulty has always been doable, and I keep coming back for more.

This is on my Level 29 Knight, who 2 weeks ago was Level 26.
I've done 4 dungeon runs in that time, but spent 80-90% of my time soloing.

I'm sold and loving it, but I won't be turning down groups when they are available.

Just noticed an issue I am having which is I at level 20 1/2 decided to accept a task in the Meadowlands while helping my son complete one of his, it would not give me credit for the kills I was doing even though they were green to me ( I assume because I was over level 20 which was what the max level the task was set for ) but it also won't let me delete this task. Game breaking? Not at all. Annoying? A little. Still for this thread to be useful we have to talk about both the good and the bad of the Bulletin Boards.

Oh and I agree with Marcus 100% that this is definitely one of the best additions to the game so far!

Just noticed an issue I am having which is I at level 20 1/2 decided to accept a task in the Meadowlands while helping my son complete one of his, it would not give me credit for the kills I was doing even though they were green to me ( I assume because I was over level 20 which was what the max level the task was set for ) but it also won't let me delete this task. Game breaking? Not at all. Annoying? A little. Still for this thread to be useful we have to talk about both the good and the bad of the Bulletin Boards.

Oh and I agree with Marcus 100% that this is definitely one of the best additions to the game so far!
From my testing its level independent and only based on the zone you took the task in.

Is it possible that the task is for a specific type of creature and you are killing the more generic version?

From my testing its level independent and only based on the zone you took the task in.

Is it possible that the task is for a specific type of creature and you are killing the more generic version?
It was to kill Quillbacks near a den. I killed quite a few at dens and also away from dens up to 3 chevs including regular and aggressive and no credit for the kills were given. I might go back and do them while ungrouped with my son to see if that makes a difference. Not really concerned though about it, the main thing is not having the ability to delete a task after it is accepted.

It was to kill Quillbacks near a den. I killed quite a few at dens and also away from dens up to 3 chevs including regular and aggressive and no credit for the kills were given. I might go back and do them while ungrouped with my son to see if that makes a difference. Not really concerned though about it, the main thing is not having the ability to delete a task after it is accepted.
Yes, please, this seems very bizarre. I will be poking @AdricLives so he can ask you specific question about that task.

@Mynno Was this the "Southern Quillbacks" task? Depending on where in Meadowlands you were the Quillbacks may have been too low level to count for the task. This task is looking for lvl 18+ quillbacks in the southern portions of Meadowlands.

Was this the "Southern Quillbacks" task? Depending on where in Meadowlands you were the Quillbacks may have been too low level to count for the task. This task is looking for lvl 18+ quillbacks in the southern portions of Meadowlands.
AdricLives I went back to the Meadowlands and went south since it is the Southern Quillbacks task. At first, I killed blue con quillbacks all over the southern area of the map before I decided to go to the Old Castle Ruins area. That was apparently the area I needed to be in because as soon as I got in there, I started getting task updates when killing quillbacks. Thanks for looking into this for me. :) I only mentioned it in support of being able to delete a task if you feel you can't complete it for some reason.

Still it just goes to show how awesome you guys and gals are for looking into even the small things to help your players and it is greatly appreciated! Also a big thanks to Elloa for bringing it to your attention!

Back