What's new
Embers Adrift

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought the game so long ago....

Kaerwin

You just said "having to juggle other people's time offsets is a PITA" which is exactly what you are asking me to do.
Not exactly, no. I'm not asking you to juggle someone else's time offset - I'm asking you to juggle your own (relative to UTC). You already know your own offset (just as I know mine), so you won't need to look it up. If we all use UTC, nobody ever has to look up anything - that's the whole point of UTC.

we are already doing what you are asking us to do.
... in the patch notes, if not in the forums. Thank you for that.

Kaerwin

Stormhaven Studio is composed of 50% of Americans and 50% of non americans.
I feel better now, knowing that I've offended only 50% of the company. ;-)
But if the company is as international as you say, isn't that even more reason to use an international, rather than American, time standard?

Elloa

Administrator
Stormhaven Studios
I feel better now, knowing that I've offended only 50% of the company. ;-)
But if the company is as international as you say, isn't that even more reason to use an international, rather than American, time standard?
hehe :p

Well, in all honnesty, I think we just started with CT, cause the company started based out of Austin Texas, and we never put much thoughts into it.
When I started I was posting all messages with EST/CET because in my mind that's how you were doing. So I think, it's mostly because we did not put much thoughts into it.
Now, after this discussion, I will certainly pay more attention to it (though I'm very much a hairhead.) ... ;)

Undone

Codemaster
Stormhaven Studios
Stormhaven Studio is composed of 50% of Americans and 50% of non americans. We work from 3 differents continents and from 5 differents timezones. So that comment is a tiny little bit unfair. ;)
(I'm from Belgium on CET, feel free to poke me by PM on Discord whenever you need)
This statement is a bit misleading though. Regardless of nationality a good majority of the team (~2/3) operates on CT, while most of the others are +/-1 timezone away from CT. The exceptions are you in the EU and our other member in AUS.

... in the patch notes, if not in the forums. Thank you for that.
Patch notes are in the forums.

Undone

Codemaster
Stormhaven Studios
And as Dalton mentioned, we aren't the only company to do this. Look at apple or google events, look at wow server maintenance. They get listed in the timezone of the company. Talking about things in the timezone in which you operate is nothing new to this world.

Kaerwin

And as Dalton mentioned, we aren't the only company to do this. Look at apple or google events, look at wow server maintenance. They get listed in the timezone of the company. Talking about things in the timezone in which you operate is nothing new to this world.
Absolutely true. Those are all American companies, and I did say that arrogance seems to be quite prevalent among Americans. But you don't have to reinforce the stereotype - you don't have to assume that everyone in the world knows what time it is in America.

Elloa

Administrator
Stormhaven Studios
This statement is a bit misleading though. Regardless of nationality a good majority of the team (~2/3) operates on CT, while most of the others are +/-1 timezone away from CT. The exceptions are you in the EU and our other member in AUS.

Patch notes are in the forums.

Fair enough ;)
But I mostly wanted to reassure @Kaerwin that we were a welcoming and inclusive company, or atleast we do our very best to do it. And I think that the sole fact that I have been accepted and welcomed as part of the team, is proof enough of that open mindness and inclusivity. Just wanted to underline that :)