What's new
Embers Adrift

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought the game so long ago....

ThePompousPeasant

Is there anyway to download it? When I supported this game and team I think it was under a different name. I would love to test it and see how far the game has come.

Wishes

Undone

Codemaster
Stormhaven Studios
Is there anyway to download it? When I supported this game and team I think it was under a different name. I would love to test it and see how far the game has come.

Wishes
Welcome back @ThePompousPeasant ! Head over to your my account page and you should be able to access the patcher which will allow you to download the latest client. We test every Wednesday night at 8pm CST. Feel free to join us in discord as well.

Elloa

Administrator
Stormhaven Studios
Welcome back! It wil be great to show you all the new things and see how you enjoy the changes and progress!!
Join us on Discord, it truely is our community hub!

Kaerwin

We test every Wednesday night at 8pm CST.
I, too, apologize for hijacking the thread...
One thing that many Americans seem to forget is that 95% of the world's population doesn't live in America. So please, if you're talking about time, don't use American time zones - use UTC. It's the worldwide standard, and was created for exactly this purpose. It means that you don't have to know your time offset relative to all of the 200+ time zones in the world - you have to know just one: your own relative to UTC.

Elloa

Administrator
Stormhaven Studios
One thing that many Americans seem to forget is that 95% of the world's population doesn't live in America. So please, if you're talking about time, don't use American time zones - use UTC. It's the worldwide standard, and was created for exactly this purpose. It means that you don't have to know your time offset relative to all of the 200+ time zones in the world - you have to know just one: your own relative to UTC.
Come on Kaerwin, you know very well that I'm not american, and yet, I'm very guilty of using the CT / CET format :D (CT because we based in Austin officially, even though pratically we are over 3 continents). (Weirdly enough I found the other one to be more even more confusing....but that's just me.)

Last edited:

Ariatras

Come on Kaerwin, you know very well that I'm not american, and yet, I'm very guilty of using the CT / CET format :D (CT because we based in Austin officially, even though pratically we are over 3 continents). (Weirdly enough I found the other one to be more even more confusing....but that's just me.)
You are in the US ecosystem, though. Possibly even have a sleep schedule to reflect that. It's a unique privilege in a way. It's in fact the whole reason I don't play test this, or most games. Opening servers at 2 am on a week day is not feasible for me. In regards to timezones. I always have to use a converter UTC is a lot easier generally.

Dalton

You are in the US ecosystem, though. Possibly even have a sleep schedule to reflect that. It's a unique privilege in a way. It's in fact the whole reason I don't play test this, or most games. Opening servers at 2 am on a week day is not feasible for me. In regards to timezones. I always have to use a converter UTC is a lot easier generally.
I mean you’d need to know the time difference once, same hours every week. Not a very difficult thing. The devs have to run the server at times that is easiest for the majority of the team.