What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Berserker Skill: Fury

Sintax

Does anyone know what effects this skill actually has and/or how to activate them?

Using the skill in any of the listed stances (idle, combat or torch) has no effect on movement speed as far as I can ascertain, and +50 sounds like a big enough bonus to be noticeable. Yet, when comparing to other players running beside me, movement speed in torch stance with Fury active is exactly the same as movement speed without Fury active. I still move at the same speed as everyone else.

Does HASTE not affect movement? If not, what does it affect?

Similarly, I see no damage bonus in combat. If Fury grants a +50 bonus to damage, shouldn't this be the damage floor? And yet, I see normal damage output with values well below 50. So it's not functioning as a bonus of +50 damage insofar as I can tell.

Posted a screenshot of the skill tooltip in-game for reference. Appreciate any insights anyone has on this.

Attachments

• fury.jpg
    fury.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 25
Its +50 haste (not damage) aka half wait time on auto atack. not sure why you think damage. if you speck into haste your attacks will be a lot faster reset

Its +50 haste (not damage) aka half wait time on auto atack. not sure why you think damage. if you speck into haste your attacks will be a lot faster reset
Read the skill. It says it right there in the description. I shared the screen shot of it.

+50 1H/2H/Range DMG

The damage bonus makes sense considering all abilities are disabled once you activate fury. So the only thing you can do with fury active is auto attack.

TLDR, it's called FURY. Not SPEEDY.

p.s. The half-wait time on auto attack makes sense, and I'll see if that's true. BUT the ALT description also says for IDLE and TORCH stances where auto attack is not relevant.

EDIT: I've confirmed the reduction in auto attack cooldown. It's reduced by 1s (so 4s instead of 5s, which is obv not half). So, you lose all your skills for a full 20s in exchange for a 1s reduction in cooldown for your weakest ability - auto attack. Makes sense how?? :thinkfused:

Last edited:
It also applies a +50% damage increase to your hits. And the formula for calculating your cooldowns for a given haste are:
Code:
haste adjusted cooldown = cooldown / (1 + haste/100)
The result will depend on the delay of your weapon. For a 5s weapon and 50% haste you are looking at 3.33s cooldown. If you want to test things on a consistent target then I recommend visiting a target dummy.

it makes sense , you dump 80% of your stamina as combo. Pop fury, do damage with auto attack, stamina recharges, rinse repeat. It’s for real enemies who do not die in 10 seconds. if you speck into haste on your armor it is significant dps In auto mode. I am not sure on 50% damage increase, there is definitely per hit increase, not sure if it’s tied to level or flat. I rarely get same hit numbers on dummy consistently.
if you look at armor, it will say +40 weight, but that is at lvl 50. You get +1+2 increase per level. Not sure if weapons are flat increase or like armor.

it makes sense , you dump 80% of your stamina as combo. Pop fury, do damage with auto attack, stamina recharges, rinse repeat. It’s for real enemies who do not die in 10 seconds. if you speck into haste on your armor it is significant dps In auto mode. I am not sure on 50% damage increase, there is definitely per hit increase, not sure if it’s tied to level or flat. I rarely get same hit numbers on dummy consistently.
if you look at armor, it will say +40 weight, but that is at lvl 50. You get +1+2 increase per level. Not sure if weapons are flat increase or like armor.
If the skill says +50% damage increase then that is how much is applied when the effect is applied. Open up your stats sheet and that should be reflected next time you pop fury. The role/spec stats are the only ones distributed by level.

it makes sense , you dump 80% of your stamina as combo. Pop fury, do damage with auto attack, stamina recharges, rinse repeat.
I was thinking about trying out this very thing to see how well it would work in practice. The berserker can burn through stamina so the potential is there, but the concern I had thinking about is the 20s lockdown on skills. Over that same period of time, how much damage could I theoretically do with other skills (with sufficient stam regen)? The math is hard to grapple with, but I hope to at least get a sense of whether this feels effective in a fight or not. Something to test, along with how much HASTE is actually reducing cooldown (I was consistently seeing 4s from 5s but I will use a test dummy).

With respect to HASTE though, it would be nice if this was explained somewhere? Is it supposed to improve my movement speed overall? There's obviously gear with this stat on it as well, but it's just not clear that it's having any impact. Maybe the numbers are too small to notice, but if I have haste and someone does not, I should be able to put some distance between us over some distance. Right?

Last edited:
With respect to HASTE though, it would be nice if this was explained somewhere? Is it supposed to improve my movement speed overall? There's obviously gear with this stat on it as well, but it's just not clear that it's having any impact. Maybe the numbers are too small to notice, but if I have haste and someone does not, I should be able to put some distance between us over some distance. Right?
Hovering over a stat in your stat sheet to the right of your equipment will give you a quick blurb about it. Haste does not impact movement speed at all; it reduces the cooldown of abilities and auto attacks using the formula I mentioned above.

Hovering over a stat in your stat sheet to the right of your equipment will give you a quick blurb about it. Haste does not impact movement speed at all; it reduces the cooldown of abilities and auto attacks using the formula I mentioned above.
Thanks for the explanation. I don't know how I didn't see it because I actually looked. Heckin blind.

Back