What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Any future plans for improving the crafting system?

Slash8915

Hey everyone, I just started playing Embers just under a week ago, and so far I love it.

One thing I really get into with MMOs is their crafting systems. Right now, I'm doing prospecting & armorsmithing, and my 3rd profession will be weaponsmithing. My SO is doing hunting, so I should have plenty of leather. That being said, it seems that after a certain level, crafting becomes sort of... Pointless. Looking at future recipes, I would assume that around lvl 30+, you will most likely get much better gear from mobs, so it left me wondering why even bother?

Joining the public meeting yesterday, it seems that I am not the only one who feels this way. So I was wondering if there were any plans to improve/revamp the crafting system to make it more viable long-term? Also, are there any plans to allow us to deconstruct looted gear to get crafting XP & materials?

There are some crafted items that are very nice at certain levels, and one of the nicest things with some professions is the ability to make augments. You cant get these anywhere else in the game but from crafting. For example you can add damage to weapons, healing to gloves, resists to clothes, etc. With tinkering you can fine tune jewelry to fit your builds with all the combinations available. With provisioning you can make potions (also not available in most other areas of the game). Provisioners can also craft harvesting tools with an increase in harvest speeds up to 80%+. Some of the crafted outfitter cloth pants and shirts are also very nice, and as mentioned above you can fine tune the stats toward certain builds you may be trying (more stam regen, more avoid, ect).

Last edited:
Crafted just falls off after 30. They only have one person who works on it and I believe he is part-time. It will get looked at next year is what I was told. Most of the level 40 and 50 stuff is just completely garbage in the current state.

Had to wait about 3 weeks for the patch coming tomorrow to even get 50 augments to work.

Outside of crafting tools, I very rarely use crafted gear. I used a crafted weapon a couple times and they worked OK. I have a couple of crafted armour pieces for stuff I can't find in the wild yet but the crafted gear feels more like a placeholder piece of EQ than something I'm glad I have. Still no crafted boots, which is annoying as I'm using the Wayfarer's boots from the Valley quest. Crafting does need a little TLC or something.

Crafting is going to have a overhaul, but this is a big project. We are working on other things in priority, but it will be done eventually, and sooner rather than later.
Thank you for your patience.

Meanwhile, do not hesitate to share your ideas and wishes!

The community needs to grow before crafting can matter to any useful degree. You will find you want to make enough chars and have all crafts yourself due to lack of content. People don’t trade to any meaningful regular extent and when you do you will probably just get things for free. It’s a good system but most people playing at this point have everything they need. Unless super new but they are more incentivized to use their mats themselves due to the grind.

The community needs to grow before crafting can matter to any useful degree.
Sry, but if your crafting Profession isn't even useful to yourself, it's not a question of playerbase size, it's just badly designed.
Take Weaponsmith for example, I'm Lvl 30+ and have NEVER made a weapon for myself because I've always already had better ones from quests and drops.

Sry, but if your crafting Profession isn't even useful to yourself, it's not a question of playerbase size, it's just badly designed.
Take Weaponsmith for example, I'm Lvl 30+ and have NEVER made a weapon for myself because I've always already had better ones from quests and drops.
Well, when the game launched the only way to get a 30+ weapon was from crafted, now that they have introduced content you no longer need the crafted. They also made sure the level 40 drops far surpass crafted so killing rare named feels significant which makes crafted just about augs, patches, and potions.

They also made sure the level 40 drops far surpass crafted so killing rare named feels significant which makes crafted just about augs, patches, and potions.
That would be fine if
a) leveling your profession wouldn't be such an immense time investment and
b) the name of the profession would reflect what you are actually making with it.

When I take Weaponsmithing as a profession, I expect to make very good, if not the best weapons in the game. For that I'm willing to invest dozens, maybe even hundreds of hours.
But the profession should actually be called "1h weapon and glove augments", and for that I'm not willing to sacrifice that much time.

I can see how provisioner plays a part with potions and harvesting tools. It's pretty much the only useful profession.
They could toss out crafting altogether and it wouldn't affect the gameplay besides the fact that it's another time sink.
When 95% of the things you pick up is better than crafting its very disappointing.

Back