What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

A look at our current stats.

Alice_Bluu

So let's talk about stats. What are they and what do they do?
Hold ALT to view additional information when a tooltip is active. This includes dice, expanded definitions for any acronyms, etc.
Hold SHIFT to view the next tier of an ability (if available) when an ability tooltip is active.
Dice values have been replaced with a damage range that includes all self contained bonuses (previously shown as mods or 1d4+5 etc). No back-end math has changed - everything is still based on dice rolls (which can be viewed on the tooltip by holding ALT)
Colors of items on tooltips should be a bit more consistent.
Blue = player stats, Light Green = augments, Green = reagents. When viewing the requirements section blue = met, red = not met.

General Stats​

Movement - Determines how fast you move out of combat stance.
Combat Movement - Determines how fast you move in combat stance. It is only active while in combat stance.
Haste - This determines how long your auto attack and other cooldowns are.
Safe fall - Reduces the damage you take when you fall off of things. (never trust a rock)

Health Regeneration - The rate at which your health regenerates. Does not apply in combat.
Stamina Regeneration - The rate at which your stamina regenerates. Does apply in combat but is significantly diminished.
Healing - Gives a bonus to your outgoing heal abilities. Does not affect potions or incoming heals.

COMBAT

Defense

Resilience - Saving throw. Rolls for a chance at not falling in combat upon reaching 0 health. Has a cooldown (2 min?). Resilience now also reduces the damage bonus of incoming heavy and critical hits. Reminder that resilience only works in combat stance!
Avoid - Chance to avoid an attack. Negating all damage and effects. (Basically dodge)
Block - Chance to block an attack. Block now mitigates incoming damage based on a dice roll from your equipped 2H weapon or shield.
Parry - Chance to parry an attack. Parry now provides a fixed damage mitigation, the incoming attack suffers a disadvantage, and you have an opportunity to counter-attack with a
riposte.
Riposte - Chance to counterattack after a successful parry. (Essentially an extra auto attack)

Offense

Hit - Increases chance to land a heavy or critical hit and reduces the chance of getting a glance or miss.
Penetration - Ignores some of the enemies' armor dealing more direct damage to health.
Positional - Increases your weapon positional bonus. (formerly known as flanking)
Most weapons have a Primary and Secondary positional, typically denoted by a reduced base positional value. The Primary direction gets a bonus to the positional stat, but the Secondary will only receive the base value of the positional stat. Let me break it down into a formula.

Positional bonus stat (this would be the stat you get from the bonus like hit or 1h dmg) = B
Your personal positional stat value which is shown on your stat sheet. = S
The % value of the positional bonus, primary or secondary = P
The formula would go as follows B+S*P = X
Lets use Undones example - a Crossbow with +5DMG Side Positional (Primary) and +15 Hit Rear Positional (Secondary). With 25 positional stat on the player.
The primary position from the side will have
5+25*1.25 = 36.25 DMG
Whereas the secondary position from the rear will have 15+25*1 = 40 HIT

Damage

1 Hand Weapons - Increase your damage with 1h weapons
2 Hand Weapons - Increase your damage with 2h weapons
Ranged Weapons - Increase your damage with bows and crossbows.

Mental, Chemical, Ember - Still working on figuring these out sorry!

RESISTS

Damage

Physical - reduce amount of physical damage taken.
Mental - reduce the amount of mental damage taken.
Chemical - reduce amount of chemical damage taken.
Ember - reduce the amount of ember damage taken.

Debuffs

Physical - reduce duration of physical debuffs.
Mental - reduce the duration of mental debuffs.
Chemical - reduce duration of chemical debuffs.
Ember - reduce the duration of ember debuffs.
Movement - reduce duration of movement debuffs.

Behavior

Confuse - reduce the duration of confuse effects
Daze - reduce the duration of daze effects
Stun - reduce the duration of stun effects

Other things to note
COMBAT LOG
ABS -
absorb. damage absorbed by armor from all roll sources. damage absorbed by armor contributes to the armor total % durability.

THR - threat generated.
ADV - the attack had an advantage.
DIS - the attack had a disadvantage.
ADV - the attack had an advantage that was cancelled out by a disadvantage. (i need to double check this one as far as what it looks like in the combat log)
RES - the application was resisted.
PRES - the application was partially resisted.
DIM - the application was impacted by diminishing returns.
AOT - the value done by over time effects.
Miss - attack missed and did not hit. effect does not take hold.
Glance - very little damage done, low chance of effect application.
Heavily Hits - extra damage. effects applied.
Critical Hit - lots of extra damage. effects applied.

Advantage - rolls an extra set of dice and chooses the higher roll
Disadvantage - same thing but chooses the lower roll.

Dual weilding - You will notice that some weapons have a stat displayed as OHAC. Off Hand Ability Contribution. When you execute an ability it previously only accounted for the main weapon. Now it accounts for the main weapon and the OHAC of the offhand weapon. Positional bonus applies as normal to off hand weapons but at the ohac reduced rate.

Rounding of combat log display values. Previously, all values were rounded down regardless of the decimal value. Values will now be rounded down if the decimal value is less than 0.5 and rounded up if they are greater than or equal to 0.5.

Health and Armor weight gain per level is on a scale and can not be calculated precisely however you can do some simple math (x-y)/a=z by looking at your class/spec tooltip to get a general idea of how much you will gain per level. This is where is says for example Defender level 1 +25 health (25 to 45), by the time you reach level 6 defender you will have gained 45 health (without gear etc boosting it) then your specialization for example Juggernaut +50 (50 to 100) by the time you reach juggernaut level 50 you will have gained 100 health. These are made up examples. The same applies to armor weight. If at level 1 defender it says +25 armor weight (25 to 45) it scales from 25-45 between levels 1 and 6 (and then from levels 6 to 50) (45-25)/6=3.333 per level, and it rounds down so you would gain roughly 3 armor weight per level.

What other things would you guys like to know more about?
1689104101144.png1689104142784.png1689104158681.png1689104191978.png

Last edited:
Does the Flanking stat boost class specific positional bonuses as well? Like the armor damage on support. And also, does it boost rear positional bonuses from weapons?

What is MODS? Like with "Strike" it has "MODS: +2" listed and other higher lv abilities have a higher value for MODS as well as other things listed.

Does the Flanking stat boost class specific positional bonuses as well? Like the armor damage on support. And also, does it boost rear positional bonuses from weapons?
My understanding is that flanking is added to your positional stats, no matter what the direction.
i.e. back, side and front stats
You can see this when you unsheathe your weapon.
Originally I assumed its only back and side, but that was wrong.

@Alice_Bluu - what I would like to understand better is how the positional stats combine when dual wielding.
I've heard that the offhands stats are used when the mainhand procs, but would like to know more.

If thats right then would this be correct:
say you have a main hand dagger with +35 PEN from the back, and your offhand is a hatchet with 5 DAMAGE from the back as your positional bonuses.
say you have +11 flanking
I'm guessing when you stand at the back and the dagger procs you get standard dagger damage + (35+11) Pen and (5+11) damage, and when the hatchet procs you just get the standard hatchet damage.

But I could be wrong :)

yeah i will update this post this week to include all the new things and changes!
Flanking is applied to your MAIN HAND weapon positional bonuses, doesnt matter if its front, back or side, it applies to them all. BUT is NOT reflected in the arrow on the enemy name plate so that is something to keep in mind. Instead of thinking of the different colors of the arrow on the enemy nameplate as "good" or "bad" i simply associate the colors with the position. Though this ofc changes based on the weapon im using. Anyways tangent there lol.
Now off hand stats are counted (haste, pen, etc) but the positionals are not. Except i *believe* for when the off hand hit procs. Like with follow through for example. @AdricLives please correct me if i am wrong here.
*edit* i do not believe flanking affects your class specific bonus either. fairly certain it only applies to the main hand weapon.

Is there a listing of starting wieght for each class and then what it jumps to at lv6 and your choice of subclass?

Back