What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

A Case for Oranges

Kittik

Or whatever color you want them to be, but they should be there.

My arguement is that Yellows (which were significantly more difficult from 4/13's patch) are a good fight for a group. But going from Yellow's to Reds is a "feels bad man" moment. As we are out adventuring and we (again) are seeking Yellow's for our group content, seeing 1 yellow surrounded by Reds is a "this sucks" type of situation. And not a "this sucks" because we're going to die feeling, but a "this sucks" because there are no more mobs to fight situation. If the goal is to have us fighting White, then the level range of Whites needs to be expanded, and the abundance of level appropriate mobs needs to be increased. Whites could be = to and 1, 2 or even up to 3 levels above you. But if the goal is to have us doing Whites, then there needs to be a lot more Whites. Not more mobs, just more level range appropriate mobs.

Last night we fought Reds, bejudgingly, because they were there. We don't know what level Red's are, but if they are in the mix with Yellows, we assumed (correctly most of the time) that we could kill them. But it did feel like a waste of time. The problem is, if Reds are near our yellows, it's what we're going to fight. Getting little to no exp from them (and yes I know the 'fix' was made for low level reds, but that's not the little to no exp I'm talking about) is fine, but they are too close to our level range. Reds give greatly deminished exp returns which is exaserbated by dividing that exp into 6. So did we want to fight Reds? No, but not because we were afriad of them, but because we knew it was a waste of time. Having a buffer between Reds and Yellows makes logic sense. Or, change it so mobs don't turn Red until they are 10 levels above us. (Or something like that.)

HOWEVER, I know a design decision to not include that buffer mob has been made and if that decision is going to remain, something has to change. The level range of Yellows should be expanded, greatly, so it's not just a mob that is one or two levels above you. Yellows, if there is no buffer between it and Red, should have a level range of 1-5, 6, or even 7 levels above you. Reds should be a mob you KNOW to avoid, not a mob that is slightly harder than the ones you're pulling. Reds should signify Run.

Last edited:
As we are out adventuring and we (again) are seeking Yellow's for our group content, seeing 1 yellow surrounded by Reds is a "this sucks" type of situation.
It sounds like your group is in the wrong area. Like maybe you have ventured too far for your level ranges?

If the goal is to have us fighting White, then the level range of Whites needs to be expanded, and the abundance of level appropriate mobs needs to be increased. Whites could be = to and 1, 2 or even up to 3 levels above you. But if the goal is to have us doing Whites, then there needs to be a lot more Whites. Not more mobs, just more level range appropriate mobs.
We already had all of this. Whites were +/-2 from you, yellows above that, oranges, and then reds. The community still had the exact same critiques. This is 100% a perception problem that you "have" to be fighting yellows. Yellows are marginally better xp, marginally better loot, I can't fix your perception. I challenge you to time how long it takes to level with white kills, then do the same with yellow.

Or whatever color you want them to be, but they should be there.

My arguement is that Yellows (which were significantly more difficult from 4/13's patch) are a good fight for a group. But going from Yellow's to Reds is a "feels bad man" moment. As we are out adventuring and we (again) are seeking Yellow's for our group content, seeing 1 yellow surrounded by Reds is a "this sucks" type of situation. And not a "this sucks" because we're going to die feeling, but a "this sucks" because there are no more mobs to fight situation. If the goal is to have us fighting White, then the level range of Whites needs to be expanded, and the abundance of level appropriate mobs needs to be increased. Whites could be = to and 1, 2 or even up to 3 levels above you. But if the goal is to have us doing Whites, then there needs to be a lot more Whites. Not more mobs, just more level range appropriate mobs.

Last night we fought Reds, bejudgingly, because they were there. We don't know what level Red's are, but if they are in the mix with Yellows, we assumed (correctly most of the time) that we could kill them. But it did feel like a waste of time. The problem is, if Reds are near our yellows, it's what we're going to fight. Getting little to no exp from them (and yes I know the 'fix' was made for low level reds, but that's not the little to no exp I'm talking about) is fine, but they are too close to our level range. Reds give greatly deminished exp returns which is exaserbated by dividing that exp into 6. So did we want to fight Reds? No, but not because we were afriad of them, but because we knew it was a waste of time. Having a buffer between Reds and Yellows makes logic sense. Or, change it so mobs don't turn Red until they are 10 levels above us. (Or something like that.)

HOWEVER, I know a design decision to not include that buffer mob has been made and if that decision is going to remain, something has to change. The level range of Yellows should be expanded, greatly, so it's not just a mob that is one or two levels above you. Yellows, if there is no buffer between it and Red, should have a level range of 1-5, 6, or even 7 levels above you. Reds should be a mob you KNOW to avoid, not a mob that is slightly harder than the ones you're pulling. Reds should signify Run.
Here is the issue with what you are saying.

People will then want to do orange all the time. Then also be upset they can't tell "Orange low" from "Orange high"

My point is I've seen this in groups they still want to fight reds. Pretty much I just leave the group when they fight reds, then about an hour later they learn its not a good idea. Even fighting high level yellows in a group of even level players is not good.

My biggest issue is the lack of good spawns with clusters of mobs that you can "farm". Like you can find a couple 2^s and a couple 3^s

I want to see a camp of mobs where groups will want to goto to kill mobs. Having to wait a min between pulls or pulling super far is not good for play. I feel like this is why sometimes people will goto mobs with mixed reds in it because they don't blow out the spawn.

This will be even worse once more people are playing.

Back