What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

2nd week of testing (July 1st thru 4th)

Vengeance

Classes:

I was able to make a character for each starter class (defender, striker and supporter). I played to lvl 10 on each. I have yet to test a few other sub classes.

Juggernaut- Probably my favorite so far. I like the skills, versatility and overall basis of this sub class. My only complaint would be having 2 taunts (ae and frontal). It kind of just make one or the other useless as i do not want to put both on my toolbar to take up a slot for something more viable. I think having just the AE one in game would be enough, maybe with a quicker cooldown to accommodate and replace one with another attack skill as it seems you really do not get another attack skill until the upper teens. Just my opinion. Overall was really fun to play.

Berserker- So far this class is mediocre at best. I was really hoping this class would be a beast with high dps. But i feel most of my attacks' were just weak or stalled at best and had to wait on refresh. The fury skill was semi par and did low dmg even with 2 solid crafted weapons. However, im only level 10 and have yet to see how the other skills come into factor. Overall a B- on this class so far as it just seems more could be done improvement wise to have the class on par with its name, if that makes sense.

Warlord- Where to start. They have nice healing in terms of aid, but the songs are just not as solid as i had thought they would be. In comparison 1 stam per tick or 2 hps per tick really only helps outside of combat. I find myself debating using it in combat but for the price of 5% its just not worth it at the values they are currently at. Even with good gear atm soloing is very slow. I do try to get in groups when i can but low pop makes it hard to really test this class to see if it shines etc. (I would like to see them get a self/group travel speed buff) hint hint lol.

Dungeon:

I was able to group and get to the center of the first dungeon as a puller. I feel i did really well until we got to the bottom. The issue here is the groups of enemies that come when pulling which i understand. What i did not like is the fact the ranged enemies could sit back and shoot you and your group through the wall. Since they are ranged if you chase them they just run back further and agro more. Im hoping the shooting through walls is a known bug and gets fixed as this was rather annoying and cost my group 2 to 3 bag recoveries especially since it was a 4 arrow up enemy. Pathing was not terrible but could use a little improvement.

I think it would be more enticing if the dungeon had chests to loot or something to make them worth wild as the named mobs were rare to begin with or heavily guarded. Risk vs reward sorta thing is a definite with the named enemies as they hit like trucks and are extremely hard even at the lvl 10 range. Given we had probably a lvl 6-9 ish range it was fun and difficult.

Zones:

I was able to get to Meadowlands this weekend as well as Dryfoot. While both zones are beautifully done and look amazing. I found the lack of monsters scarce in many places. I seriously walked around meadow lands both day and night with huge areas of nothing. Just grass and nice scenery at night there were a few bugs but i was expecting to encounter different monsters (other than bears/ deer's and boars// oh my). Do not get me wrong i did see alligators, wolves, ants and mist walkers etc. But i was expecting to get away from a majority of things i fought in the first 2 areas. Seemed very repetitive and boring at times. Again i only walked where i could to stay out of danger since i was a lower lvl but a little discouraging on seeing the same things over and over. I did like the spiders and the webbed area as it was challenging. I guess i am just used to playing other games with more variety. Just my 2 cents.

Exploring was fun for the most part. It does take a long to travel to and from but i am ok with that. However, as more zones are added i would like some sort of travel spell or something to help get to areas if you are far away etc. Maybe the Warden can get a travel spell or something lol.

Crafting:

I enjoy the crafting on here. Its not to complicated and rather fast which is what i prefer compared to slower crafting speed etc. I like the idea of mixing ingredients to get different stats etc. Crafting is on a really good track atm i believe. I will probably do a separate write up on this at a later time as more and more items are added etc.

Item drops:

Will there be an expansion on items dropping other than helmets and bows? I know there are some rare drops that i have gotten that are nice but id like to see the enemies drop weapons more often or different pieces of armor. I'm thinking this is intended but after looting about 100 helmets it does get redundant. The other items such as class specific items are a nice bonus. I think i had saw where they will eventually drop crafting items etc.

Minor issues i noticed:

Mining nodes are still underground on a few of them.
You cannot see the tool you use when harvesting its just my arms with nothing in them.
For the love of Pete please change the animation when learning new recipes. I feel like my character is having a bee fly around and they are swatting it.. I actually had someone ask me in game if i was ok lol...
Shooting through walls as mentioned earlier
When running from monsters if you get stuck jumping over the rocks to get away you automatically get hit by their Wraith which is insta kill if you have more than one enemy on you. (Not sure if this is intended).

I will post more after my next weekend of play. Keep up the good work. I'm in no way criticizing anything I just want the game to be successful and want to provide constructive feedback. I really do enjoy playing and with each update it does get better. So keep up the great work.

Classes:

I was able to make a character for each starter class (defender, striker and supporter). I played to lvl 10 on each. I have yet to test a few other sub classes.

Juggernaut- Probably my favorite so far. I like the skills, versatility and overall basis of this sub class. My only complaint would be having 2 taunts (ae and frontal). It kind of just make one or the other useless as i do not want to put both on my toolbar to take up a slot for something more viable. I think having just the AE one in game would be enough, maybe with a quicker cooldown to accommodate and replace one with another attack skill as it seems you really do not get another attack skill until the upper teens. Just my opinion. Overall was really fun to play.

Berserker- So far this class is mediocre at best. I was really hoping this class would be a beast with high dps. But i feel most of my attacks' were just weak or stalled at best and had to wait on refresh. The fury skill was semi par and did low dmg even with 2 solid crafted weapons. However, im only level 10 and have yet to see how the other skills come into factor. Overall a B- on this class so far as it just seems more could be done improvement wise to have the class on par with its name, if that makes sense.

Warlord- Where to start. They have nice healing in terms of aid, but the songs are just not as solid as i had thought they would be. In comparison 1 stam per tick or 2 hps per tick really only helps outside of combat. I find myself debating using it in combat but for the price of 5% its just not worth it at the values they are currently at. Even with good gear atm soloing is very slow. I do try to get in groups when i can but low pop makes it hard to really test this class to see if it shines etc. (I would like to see them get a self/group travel speed buff) hint hint lol.

Dungeon:

I was able to group and get to the center of the first dungeon as a puller. I feel i did really well until we got to the bottom. The issue here is the groups of enemies that come when pulling which i understand. What i did not like is the fact the ranged enemies could sit back and shoot you and your group through the wall. Since they are ranged if you chase them they just run back further and agro more. Im hoping the shooting through walls is a known bug and gets fixed as this was rather annoying and cost my group 2 to 3 bag recoveries especially since it was a 4 arrow up enemy. Pathing was not terrible but could use a little improvement.

I think it would be more enticing if the dungeon had chests to loot or something to make them worth wild as the named mobs were rare to begin with or heavily guarded. Risk vs reward sorta thing is a definite with the named enemies as they hit like trucks and are extremely hard even at the lvl 10 range. Given we had probably a lvl 6-9 ish range it was fun and difficult.

Zones:

I was able to get to Meadowlands this weekend as well as Dryfoot. While both zones are beautifully done and look amazing. I found the lack of monsters scarce in many places. I seriously walked around meadow lands both day and night with huge areas of nothing. Just grass and nice scenery at night there were a few bugs but i was expecting to encounter different monsters (other than bears/ deer's and boars// oh my). Do not get me wrong i did see alligators, wolves, ants and mist walkers etc. But i was expecting to get away from a majority of things i fought in the first 2 areas. Seemed very repetitive and boring at times. Again i only walked where i could to stay out of danger since i was a lower lvl but a little discouraging on seeing the same things over and over. I did like the spiders and the webbed area as it was challenging. I guess i am just used to playing other games with more variety. Just my 2 cents.

Exploring was fun for the most part. It does take a long to travel to and from but i am ok with that. However, as more zones are added i would like some sort of travel spell or something to help get to areas if you are far away etc. Maybe the Warden can get a travel spell or something lol.

Crafting:

I enjoy the crafting on here. Its not to complicated and rather fast which is what i prefer compared to slower crafting speed etc. I like the idea of mixing ingredients to get different stats etc. Crafting is on a really good track atm i believe. I will probably do a separate write up on this at a later time as more and more items are added etc.

Item drops:

Will there be an expansion on items dropping other than helmets and bows? I know there are some rare drops that i have gotten that are nice but id like to see the enemies drop weapons more often or different pieces of armor. I'm thinking this is intended but after looting about 100 helmets it does get redundant. The other items such as class specific items are a nice bonus. I think i had saw where they will eventually drop crafting items etc.

Minor issues i noticed:

You cannot see the tool you use when harvesting its just my arms with nothing in them.
For the love of Pete please change the animation when learning new recipes. I feel like my character is having a bee fly around and they are swatting it.. I actually had someone ask me in game if i was ok lol...
When running from monsters if you get stuck jumping over the rocks to get away you automatically get hit by their Wraith which is insta kill if you have more than one enemy on you. (Not sure if this is intended).

I will post more after my next weekend of play. Keep up the good work. I'm in no way criticizing anything I just want the game to be successful and want to provide constructive feedback. I really do enjoy playing and with each update it does get better. So keep up the great work.
Berserker gets better, as does the warlord.

Heya @Vengeance thanks for the feedback; good or bad we need to hear it! I'll touch on a few points below.

I'll have to double check - but I'm pretty sure there are rares/named in the dungeon. It just sounds like you missed them. One of the challenges of having rare mobs is players thinking that they don't exist!

More mobs are coming. Custom creatures take a bit of time to model, animate, design, etc.

Did you find the ember monoliths? Each zone has one that you can use to jump between them.

We are still (and will continue to be) refining the loot tables. Once you get higher level the variety should increase - we don't want to overload you with too much from the start as you likely won't even be able to equip it due to armor weight restrictions.

Mining nodes is a known issue. There are no tools while harvesting because they have not been implemented yet. The animation for learning a recipe was always a place holder but has stuck around for a bit because it's goofy.

Hrm, could you send a "/report" from in game where the NPCs are shooting you? Maybe share some screenshots etc - they shouldn't be shooting through walls!

If you get hit by the wrath somewhere you believe you should not please also do a "/report" (when you submit one of these it includes your location) so we can investigate. The wrath is an unfortunate anti-exploit mechanism that is required so that folks cannot kill npc's that cannot hit them back.

There are actually quite a few named mobs in Central Veins. There are maybe 3 or 4 named exiles ( could be more ) A spider named ( possibly 2 ) and a rabbit named. And there could be more, just the ones I've come across.

This is based off the current testing session when we ran through there a few weeks ago on the first weekend after the wipe.

There are actually quite a few named mobs in Central Veins. There are maybe 3 or 4 named exiles ( could be more ) A spider named ( possibly 2 ) and a rabbit named. And there could be more, just the ones I've come across.

This is based off the current testing session when we ran through there a few weeks ago on the first weekend after the wipe.
I did see two rare mobs as i stated they were heavily guarded. We were able to take down one but the other one was shooting through the wall in the pit which caused 2 wipes. I know they are there i was saying just an added bonus to add chest etc.

Shooting through walls as mentioned earlier.

This was on the ramp going down to the main chamber in the center. Our group was on the ramp pulling up towards the top of the ramp. However, the ranged mobs were standing behind the corner or on the other side of the wall and picking off our tanks. When the tanks tried to engage the ranged mob it just kept moving back getting to close to agroing another set of mobs which we did not want to pull as we were still finishing the first set. I will try and get in their this weekend to get a screen shot of it.

I did see two rare mobs as i stated they were heavily guarded. We were able to take down one but the other one was shooting through the wall in the pit which caused 2 wipes. I know they are there i was saying just an added bonus to add chest etc.
Chests are also in the Dungeon. They are rare as well.

Chest are like rare mobs. They do exist! But they are rare! There is some through the dungeons, but it's true that they are very rare.

EDIT @Nfab35 beat me to it! ;)

Shooting through walls as mentioned earlier.

This was on the ramp going down to the main chamber in the center. Our group was on the ramp pulling up towards the top of the ramp. However, the ranged mobs were standing behind the corner or on the other side of the wall and picking off our tanks. When the tanks tried to engage the ranged mob it just kept moving back getting to close to agroing another set of mobs which we did not want to pull as we were still finishing the first set. I will try and get in their this weekend to get a screen shot of it.
When dealing with AI that uses a longbow it's all about agroe management.
Whomever has agroe stands still so the mob doesnt constantly move. It's best if everyone stays in the same spot so when agroe changes the mob doesnt move because of their location. Best to use ranged weapons for them. They are fairly easy to take down once you learn the mechanics.

And yes they hit like trucks lol

Back