Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Search results

1. S

Discussion on speed of progression

I think there is a misconception about levelling speed and how players view progression in general in classic MMO's and tabletop RPG's. The misconception being that anything other than the progression speed in Embers is somehow modern when Embers is far slower even than classic Everquest. What...
  2. S

LIVE January 31st; what's new?

Hard? Who said it was hard? It's time consuming for some, but not hard. I still play P99 EQ where that kind of thing is much more time consuming. My point was about something completely different of which corpse recovery was just an example.
  3. S

I was looking at the point of corpse/bag recovery itself. Embers Adrift is definitely more lenient in preventing a wipe. Assuming it is not a wipe, a character can be brought back into the fight without fighting your way to your corpse in EQ as well with a res and you also mitigate some XP loss...
  4. S

Everquest gave you a number of other corpse recovery options over just clearing to your corpse. Cleric res, corpse summon, corpse dragging etc.
  5. S

Armor

So a small % of the total slots which is a million miles away from where EA is. EA has level restriction for tiers but also the weight limit. It's far too restrictive. Having to put stuff from quests and drops in the bank because you can't wear them is just not a fun system.
  6. S

Armor

What games are you refering to out of interest? All of the dozen or so MMO's I have installed let you wear a full set of armour within the level range/tier from level 1 assuming you can get it. So for example in EQ I can fill any slot I have a piece for at level 1. If someone gives me a full set...
  7. S

Discussion on speed of progression

XP SPEED. It's far too slow, probably because of a lack of content. As an old EQ player who can sit at a camp for days on end, I haven't come across an MMO so grindy. It's horrible and I would much rather we had the pace we had in beta a while ago and we were just aware that we would have to...
  8. S

BETA TEST September 28th; what's new?

Are you beginning to notice performance improvements with the changes made in the last two weeks? Yes greatly. At 4K on a 3090, settings max except for low vegetation and lower shadows, getting a nice 55avg give or take running around Meadowlands. FPS drops at night when looking towards a...
  9. S

Missive or Repeatable task

I did very recently on P99 (which is not custom content they added themselves so you can't use that as an excuse). The one from the SK guild leader got me some starter gold by turning in lizard tails which is nothing to be sniffed at if you are a new player. I spent a lot of time trying out...
  10. S

I gave you examples? Oggok had them, Grobb had them, Qeynos had them, Rivervale had them and on and on. These are also the same quests that you apparently despise. Talk to an NPC and bring me x amount of this for a reward. 4 years into UO takes us to what 2001/2002, which is still 2 years before...
  11. S

Not much else to say other than what you class as a sandbox and what I class as a sandbox are at odds and so we will just go around in circles. Interestingly classic Everquest, as an example, had repeatable quests that offered small rewards of coin, equipment or faction. It even had some that...
  12. S

Can you provide quotes for that? On the FAQ the game says it is a sandbox. What you describe are restrictive mechanics. Assuming we are taking the meaning of sandbox from the usual which is a child goes into a sandbox and can do whatever they like. That isn't what you describe. Also when you...
  13. S

Crafting Professions

This is a general point, not just to this topic, but other topics on other forums in games aiming for the same kind of classic feel. I get the impression that we want our games to be jobs or miserable experiences. We seem to say a lot about how if we do this or that the game is becoming a WoW...
  14. S

Crafting Professions

That'll be another 50 + another sub.
  15. S

BETA TEST September 21st; what's new?

No I mean the game needs a certain population amount if you are relying on resources from other players. If, when I log in to play, there are not enough players around to fulfil my needs for any resources I need, I am left with using alts, which defeats the purpose of what you say you are trying...
  16. S

Feedback about an unfinished game

Just wanted to pick this out and say I am totally with you but, MMO's (even single players RPG's) don't currently give us this level of roleplaying immersion weirdly, maybe outside of Wurm Online? Even if you really use your imagination. Honestly if an MMO let me pick a lonely part of a vast...
  17. S

We are in a very different time to those classic MMO's. There aren't really any secrets anymore as MMO's, more often than not now, are thoroughly played by the time they get a proper release. I think because of this, the current crafting changes are a massive win for veterans with grinds to burn...
  18. S

What are your contingencies for the unavailability of resources for crafting, if/when they are not available when players require them? If, for example, you want to master all weapons as you suggest, how will you make sure resources are available for that player that wants to do that when they...
  19. S

I don't think anyone ever expects a game to be perfect, but there is certainly a point where the majority would say it is ready. It's slightly subjective but I think there is `ready enough` objectively for most people. I still play classic EQ up until Velious on the Project 1999 server. It is...
  20. S

I think the game has a good foundation, but it feels more than 3 months away from release. There are some solid blocks to build on like the combat pacing and strategy. I don't feel this is as great as some do and feel it still needs work but the group combat is a strength. It's no classic EQ...
Back