Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Search results

1. RazorBrains

LIVE January 31st; what's new?

Recommended this almost a year ago. Glad the devs did a reversal and put this in. Better late than never I suppose.
  2. RazorBrains

BETA TEST September 21st; what's new?

I can see your perspective. To facilitate this, I believe each line will need to be deep and fulfilling then. @Xavure brought up some good points. Crafters like to craft, so if you limit them like this, then what you are giving them should satisfy there need to craft. I don't believe the...
  3. RazorBrains

I think one of the problems I see, is the idea most everyone wants to craft/harvest. The only reason a lot of people are crafting now, is because there is zero economy in this game. If there was a functioning economy, than you would have more buyers than sellers. Harvesting is a little...
  4. RazorBrains

Interesting you bring up UO crafting/economy I think UO had the gold standard for a functioning economy. Here are some key points that UO had. 1) As mentioned already you could put all crafting skills on 1 char, and harvesting on another 2) Easy way to buy/sell goods via player vendors 3) As...
  5. RazorBrains

I really have a hard time understanding these crafting changes. Looking at this rationally. If you divide people into 3 groups (probably can be more, but generalizing here) 1) People that love crafting/harvesting, would rather craft than do other things if given a choice. 2) People that are...
  6. RazorBrains

Feedback Fun?

I agree with you that removing magic really limits the games appeal and possibilities. However I think you can still make a lot of good systems without "magic". Even with that considered, lets go with Alchemy and "Non-Magical" abilities. I have seen games with these that are cool. Like...
  7. RazorBrains

Feedback Add explicit EXP values to encourage party formation

@CypherWulf I like that LFG tool you posted. Having comments and level range is good. I haven't seen the LFG tool embers has for a few months but if it was like before, it was way too restrictive and not enough info to form a party properly. I am against the tooltip, unneeded, better...
  8. RazorBrains

Feedback Fun?

Well its not disdain for what you are doing. Its for what you are not doing. Just saying. Yes but MMO's in beta, will have their systems in a state where they are at or near release. Bug fixes and minor tweaking is what betas are for. This game is not labeled as pre-alpha its supposed to...
  9. RazorBrains

Feedback Fun?

I personally think people are not evaluating the game as it is now, but what it COULD BE. It could be infinite possibilities, what it will be is a different story. For all the people that say they love this game, I ask this question, which systems do you think are so well done that the devs...
  10. RazorBrains

Feedback Fun?

Armor? If a DPS at level 25 took off all their gear and swapped it for completely newbie level gear, I doubt anyone would even notice. Gear effects are basically meaningless in this game. Levels are way more important. 1% to 3% values on gear are completely unnoticeable. I am pretty sure...
  11. RazorBrains

Feedback Fun?

I think its a valid question, where is the fun coming from? You don't have to be a troll to ask this question. If you rank the subset of things to do in this game against every other MMO ever made that you played, where does its features stack up compared? If you think a 1 out of 10 is still...
  12. RazorBrains

Feedback Gathering Bag

Seems like a smart move to program that. Hard to think of a downside by doing this. Giving players the choice where they want to store a specific item is always good.
  13. RazorBrains

Feedback Auto-leveling skills is a missed opportunity

Here is an idea of what I think could change, instead of these skills auto-leveling, allow the user to put points into the skills as they level instead. Maybe have it where the player only have 50% of the points available points to level everything max, so the user will have to choose which...
  14. RazorBrains

Feedback Auto-leveling skills is a missed opportunity

The problem - With only 6 spell slots, if you gain a level where a new skill opens up and that skill is not better than your current 6 spells its a real disappointment and makes leveling feel boring, no excitement really. Then I look at all these skills that are auto-leveling behind the scenes...
  15. RazorBrains

Impressions after buying and playing all weekend

Just an FYI not everyone wants to just Kite to kill. To many, kiting a mob is a cheesy mechanic. This game should really not force people to cheese kite mobs just to kill them.
  16. RazorBrains

Impressions after buying and playing all weekend

Yeah I have brought up the solo viability of this game earlier. They made some changes to help in this, but there is still more work to do IMO. So many 2^ & 3^ mobs in all the solo areas where players are roaming and trying to farm materials. In the open wandering areas of the world these...
  17. RazorBrains

Armor

On a healer, why do these even matter to me really. Geez what horrible game loot stats. I think a lot needs to be done in this area, because this is very bad having these 4 stats only. I really hope you have plans to add more different stats to armor pieces in the future so that loot will...
  18. RazorBrains

Armor

This is a function of Armor to Weight ratios on other types of gear not being balanced properly IMO. If there is armor at level 10 that is metal that is 1 to 3 ratio like 25weight to 75AC metal chest. Why would anyone use the leather equivalent that is 20 weight to 45 armor or worse. Classes...
  19. RazorBrains

Feedback After 21 Levels of Duelist

I play a sentinel at level 23, I predominantly stay in Full Groups as only healer. I actually feel its the best full healer at this stage. It definitely has a use. Although obviously a Warlord is multiple purpose so an argument can be made it is best based on its utility. Sentinel I think...
  20. RazorBrains

Feedback After 21 Levels of Duelist

Look I have never heard anyone say they thought your combat STANCE movement build was effective, if anything its the opposite. I think the problem is when people who are playing Warden, Marshall, Warlord, Brigand are saying Duelists are fine and don't need to be balanced. CURRENTLY in this...
Back