Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Search results

1. F

Design a quest that you think would be fun using existing game mechanics

I've just always been a fan of the ones that stay in your quest log for a long, long time. Like collecting a large amount of rare drops from a broad variety of mobs in different locations. Prefer clear but difficult goals, rather than obtuse but easy.
  2. F

The problem with personal desires in an MMORPG.

Grouping requirements suck and ostracize the solo player and no one likes them and they're not fun and people get kicked out of groups and there's lots of drama and solo players should just play single player games anyway. Versus - As a solo player I would like to see more of the solo friendly...
  3. F

New Player - Everquest Veteran

Be aware that there is also the GEL system; a level scaling system to allow groups to flex up or down* on member levels. So shop wider than your level range. *I think?
  4. F

Embers Adrift on Controller! (Xbox one or PS5)

Hey, I gave this a try and wasn't able to launch Embers through Steam even though it found the exe file. Are there additional steps?
  5. F

New Player Feedback

I've experienced the Go-Go-Group thing, too. Even with extra Cheese to skip as much content as humanely possible even through exploits. I'll never understand the point. A note about healing; you have two targets so there is no need to swap back and forth, your heal target gets heals etc. Just...
  6. F

Dungeons how to improve them

With all this I'd just go play Classic Era WoW :) Already pay $15 a month there.
  7. F

LIVE July 25th; what's new?

Ah, nice, been expecting that NPC repositioning tweak.
  8. F

Discussion on speed of progression

Keep in mind that these things won't make the game "better," they'll make it better fit your preferences. Crucial difference, especially for us, who typically prefer the feeling of being alone and lost in a huge world, and who don't get frustrated by such things, who DO get more immersed and...
  9. F

Feedback Game - List your 3 favourite things and 3 most disliked things about the game

I started playing I think because Nathan Napalm, whom I watched play EQ and such, publicized the game, discussing its origins. I then realized I had followed the old project years ago as well, for all the reasons Embers was made. Harkening back to Olde School MMOs, etc. Reasons I enjoy Embers...
  10. F

Indeed, it's been multiple decades now of watching first WoW then EQ (with EQ2) then tohers cave to the Monied Masses. Tbf tho they don't even know they're doing it, really, most of them. Just natural to express their preferences.
  11. F

New player questions (controllers, needed jobs.. ect)

Well, it isn't so much about the controller model but the software interface and game structure. Cause even a PS2 controller immediately has like 32 buttons easily available plus aiming and walking (just use bumpers as modifiers). What really matters is how the game accepts say, viewport...
  12. F

New player questions (controllers, needed jobs.. ect)

Maybe we should start a post about what a controller scheme would look like. Just from the one class I've played, I'm seeing a distinct need to cycle through all party members quickly as well as nearby enemies, distant enemies for the CC classes, and decently quick access to the extended tool...
  13. F

My MMO Tier List (please add yours as well)

I envy you all somewhat, who managed to get into any of the new mmos. I only ever managed to get into wow and that didn't last long. At first I quite enjoyed the transition to heavy action rpgs, but that lasted only a few months, until the pain began, although I didn't realize it at the time...
  14. F

Well, not just New World, either. That just happens to be the latest release. Op would be statistically perfectly fine with 9 out of 10 new releases, even 99 out of 100, and that's not hyperbole. Basically just buy any MMO you happen to see and it will be likely to suit your tastes, by a large...
  15. F

Fear as CC Question.

I'm in the same boat, I never ever use fear as any sort of crowd control, but rather as a panic button. It's just always way way too risky. That is, unless you combine it with a snare or root.
  16. F

Free Weekend June 2-4 What Can You Do To Make It A Success?

Just noticed this as well, got really keen to bring some folks in. Then I remembered my gaming friends don't play MMOs and especially games like this :( Best I can do is publicize it!
  17. F

Long Term Stuff: Housing - Instanced vs NonInstanced

I'd much prefer non-instanced but I've not really toyed with housing in MMOs. I just know I'd like to be roaming the landscape and encounter a player house. Not sure zones are big enough for that in Embers though, despite their rather big size. Could work if you used the instances on the zones...
  18. F

DLSS is a freaking success!

I've been able to run both FSR and DLSS on my NVIDIA 2060 on Elite Dangerous, so perhaps they can both be run. I have to agree, checked it out today and oh man, those textures. So crisp! I keep it on 30 FPS mode so I can't comment on the "performance" other than to say it's the same, but yeah...
  19. F

Helpful tips for beginning players

The crafting is like the leveling; you're gonna be OUT in the world for a LONG time. It isn't like modern MMO crafting where the fifth item you create levels you up out of that material. Crossbows/bows aren't just for pulling! Apparently there are "ranger" classes! I had no idea ;)
  20. F

The Case for Controller Support (Patrial Support At Least)

It's a big deal, this demographic is higher in terms of say, proportion of nerds and geeks and professional tech folk. Consequently you'll have more tendinitis, carpal tunnel, etc. Although to be fair you already can go largely without mouse use.
Back