Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Search results

1. E

QA May 2023

In my 24 years of MMORPG experience, containing all the big names such as EverQuest, WoW, Rift, Black Desert, Lost Ark etc. I learned only thing: Posts starting with "In my x years of MMORPG experience" and then talking about what games they played, rarely contribute much to a discussion, but...
  2. E

QA May 2023

Which essentially means: We're locking in current itemization, with NO items at lvl50 and only one healer item >40... this means: my current heal output will stay at this level, no matter what items drop for me and I cannot improve my char anymore. (And nope: having 20 more of...
  3. E

QA May 2023

The stat caps will be the reason for no difference between characters anymore... if you cap stat x at 100 for example, every member of a class will have 100x at lvl30-50 and the only difference will be in the "unimportant" stats, which won't have a big influence. Essentially every char will...
  4. E

QA April 2023

Other things to factor in here in addition to level are, what we noticed so far: Ashen tend to break A LOT earlier. Nameds (including Forsaken) seem to break earlier and there can be of course random misses, partial or full resists on CC. But it doesn't appear to be random -breaks-... it just...
  5. E

QA April 2023

WoW did NOT have dimishing returns on PvE CC. You could sheep a mob forever for example. The dimishing returns you talk about are against STUNS, which work differently than in Embers... you can attack and dmg a WoW mob while stunned and have it not break. The dimishing returns are in there, so...
  6. E

QA April 2023

And in a seperate post, since I consider this seperate feedback: A good way to balance the memory of the mobs during CC would be to get rid of the dimishing returns on all CC forms. EQ/WoW and all the old, big MMORPGs did NOT have dimishing CC returns and it worked well for them. So while the...
  7. E

QA April 2023

Easy answer: Quoting from Drindin here:"We added Redshore Ridge, an outdoor dungeon that holds some new dangers for the unwary adventurer. What will you find in the mists?" Grimstone Canyon is a regular outdoor zone. Dryfoot Stronghold, Redshore Ridge and Exile Freehold are considered "outdoor...
  8. E

Ultimate Duelist Guide

Exactly the same thing I said, you even quoted it :p The freehold mobs don't use noticeable heals... the 3chev mobs cast First Aid(!) for like 40 heal. You get Amputate at lvl42 which means you will use it there for a maximum of 2 levels, which you will be spending on the ledge. (the rest of...
  9. E

Ultimate Duelist Guide

Updated with the lvl38 & 42 ability drop locations.
  10. E

Ultimate Duelist Guide

Updated :) (04.04.2023 Replaced Zone Connection map and Redshore map to add Forgotten Depths dungeon. Added info about Rats Nests existing in Grimstone Canyon. Added items to vambrace, helmet, neck, ring, 1h and offhand. Updated lvl38 ability info and drop location. Added small info about...
  11. E

LIVE March 28th; what's new?

Great patch with many nice new functions so far, just 2 things I have to ask though: What about Hemorrhaging Strike? The proc is fixed damage too, why is it unchanged, when all other skills get a buff, weapons do increased dmg and high level mobs have more hp? And the other thing...
  12. E

Ultimate Duelist Guide

This is still regularily getting updated btw. Added this time (amongst other things): a zone connection map, a map for Grimstone Canyon and updated the map for Dryfoot. And the drop info for the lvl34 abilities is in there too... ;) Recommend to your friends, even if they don't play Duelist. :P
  13. E

Ultimate Duelist Guide

I listed all skills of the duelist above... can you explain me please where you see those great abilities you are talking about? Assailing Strike (1): This is the armor dmg skill ALL supporters have, so you can't be talking about this, can you? Strike (1): This is the crap starter skill all...
  14. E

QA February 2023

Now who asked for THIS? This is a MASSIVE nerf that will literally make duelist unplayable in some situations. I'm at +103 healing fully buffed and with some mobs (Royal Den Spiders for example) I can barely keep up with healing, since they hit for 100+ on a regular attack. On test server my new...
  15. E

Ultimate Duelist Guide

Hi all! Eryola, lvl50 high duelist here. I thought I might write a guide for the class to help people understand the duelist better and be more efficient at playing it. Hope it helps some of you guys, maybe even if you are not a duelist ;) If any questions remain... don't hesitate to ask here...
Back