What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Player base / audience composition

Caribou

What kind of players does Embers Adrift want to attract? If it wants players of all ages then should we make an effort to have family friendly chat in-game?

What kind of players does Embers Adrift want to attract? If it wants players of all ages then should we make an effort to have family friendly chat in-game?
I have played for a little over 6 months and have never seen anything inappropriate said in world chat. People joke and have fun but haven't seen any crossing the line.

Group chat can get a little spicy at times but shouldn't be a problem. If you don't like that chat it's easy to leave.

With that said let's be honest about the demographic playing this game. Not many younger people play and to put any restrictions on chat wouldn't have any meaningful impact on attracting younger people to play.

The game is 12+ rated, but the audience of Embers Adrift is in great majority 30-70 in age. I know there a few parents playing with their children (teenagers) but this is pretty exceptional. Whilst the game certainly can be played by a younger audience, it's most likely not going to attract them.
As for the chat, it is most of the time mature and respectful. But it is also clearly an adult chat. When there is players going out of line, it is moderated.

I would not recommand this game for children younger than 12 years old. And the community is a little older than your usual MMORPG

Back