What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

OPEN WEEKEND JANUARY 2023 - Fri 27th to Sun 29th

For anyone having issues logging in after creating an account, make sure you can see your account page, it will say inactive but you should still be able to login. If your account page comes up then try logging in

Highlights of the three day weekend (in no particular order)

- following Naufer on twitch (my 4th ever Twitch follow) and chatting on the stream while he did his first dungeon run
- palletBox's twitch stream and the song he did about sitting on the front porch of your mind
(https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1721717713?filter=all&sort=time&t=2h52m00s)

- the amazing 3 songs SongBox did yesterday - nothing else matters, imagine and Stand By Me (the Embers Grouping version)

- waking up at 1am and seeing Naowh have 2000 followers while learning embers
- seeing MJ from Massively playing embers
- tanking for Locke's group at the smugglers camp and then taking them through CV1 (with AliceBluu navigating) as Duke Nukem's dad, getting the chitin curass at the end as a great momento
(https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1722217130?filter=archives&sort=time&t=3h10m00s)
- Arc_X and cinderle0la's streams and what a great job they do explaining the classes
- two streams by ShadowSeroZoul, in particular the second one where we went through the bat EV, died when we got to a named and somehow got back and got our gear and killed the named
- enjoying the world tour and seeing some of the 20+ places for the first time and now really wanting to hunt through them
- MorrlanTV's excellent explanations about random embers things
- winning 2 codes for my son and his partner but then giving them away to new players on the world tour (Poc and Kotorina)
- looking at my Twitch follow list now and realising it went from 3 to about 40 in one weekend

Was it particularly healthy spending so much time doing one thing in a short amount of time - of course not.
Would I do it again - of course.

This weekend was one of those magical things that just happened that I should never try to reproduce, I should just be happy it happened.
It was worth the box price 100 times over, I feel like I spent 3 days at a music festival.
Nice job Elloa for allowing it to "just happen" for us !!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Now all that is off my mind I can go and work on my own game :)
Oh and apologies to anyone I missed, there were a lot of other good moments, but those spring to mind this Tuesday morning.

Last edited:
hello,
pitty I missed the open weekend
Are these open weekends like "try before you buy?" aside from the testing?
i've supported many kickstarters in the past
,buying into games before they were even released through kickstarter etc & often has lead me to disappointments. So i'm a bit more careful with buying into games now.
Though i'd have no problem with sub if i really enjoy game.
and also as stated ,id love to find out how smooth my pc can run the game etc
Will there be open weekends in the future?

i've supported many kickstarters in the past
,buying into games before they were even released through kickstarter etc & often has lead me to disappointments. So i'm a bit more careful with buying into games now.
Though i'd have no problem with sub if i really enjoy game.
and also as stated ,id love to find out how smooth my pc can run the game etc
Will there be open weekends in the future?
I know you've supported Kickstarters in the past, so how much do you usually throw down? If you usually throw down $39.99 or more to the Kickstarter there isn't much difference with just taking the plunge and buying the game, you get the first month sub free anyway and at least you'll actually get to try the game unlike many Kickstarters which never even get released. That's what I did personally but ofc I don't know what you'd be willing to gamble (because this game is pretty unique so it's definitely a gamble, you'll either love it or hate it, there isn't too much in between).

That said, they do plan to do more free weekends in the future so if you don't want to gamble then you could wait. No idea when the next one will be though, nothing has been scheduled currently so you might be waiting a while. I was the same as you, I missed the last weekend by literally 1 day, but I decided to gamble and personally I'm loving the game more than anything I've played in the last 10 years (and I've played just about every new MMO released since 2003) - but as I say, you could easily hate it too so I would say take the plunge if you are willing to gamble.

That said, they do plan to do more free weekends in the future so if you don't want to gamble then you could wait....
I do hope they send a mail next time, i am subscribed to news but didn't get info about this weekend and missed it.. been waiting for a test weekend for a while.
last time i tried (on a free weekend), the game was unplayable on my machine but i read there had been performance improvements since, so im eager to see if it will work on my machine now.. not going to pay until i know it will be playable

Heya @Padrelli, that weekend event happened last year, in 2023.
If you possess the game already, you can log in the game, as subscription is not mendatory anymore.
If you have not purchased the game before, rejoice, as we are currently working on a FREE TRIAL (announced in this post). you can expect it end of February

I updated the title for more clarity, so no one else feels the same disapointment that you experienced!

Back