Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Recent content by Tulach

1. T

QA May 2023

Yes I know how this system works. This is not what my question was regarding. My question relating this part of the combat equation is this. If you have a min value of 0 and a max value of only 3 you further hamper any relevant difference between the before and after. If your possible outcomes...
  2. T

QA May 2023

If we take the above example one step further. Take a group of 5 level appropriate players into content with the normal gear they are wearing. Then place an afk level 50 player in the group that adds nothing but GEL into the same area, Except this time Give all the players Best in Slot weapons...
  3. T

QA May 2023

The statement of previous history was merely meant as context nothing more. Math is factual. If you take a 7 string variable function and give it a max value of 50 what is the highest whole integer you can give to any one value ? How is that affected by a heavily weighted value? How is that...
  4. T

QA May 2023

Maybe put a huge post up on your goals, what you are trying to achieve, how you plan to do that, etc. Im not talking about a simple post saying this is our planned future content. I am talking about core gameplay mechanics on how the game combat functions. Most of the feedback you are getting...
  5. T

QA May 2023

We are giving pretty detailed feedback to why we believe a stat cap system is a poor design element. My point of the above was to say there is no discernible difference between gameplay, design, mob difficulty, visuals, etc between a level 10 group encounter and a level 40 encounter. EVERY other...
  6. T

QA May 2023

You know what these purposefully low numbers mean to me and everyone else that plays. It means if I take a video of gameplay for an hour at the exile camp behind raven rock with a level ten group and I turn off my UI, then I do the same with a level 40 group in freehold the people that watch the...
  7. T

QA May 2023

As long as you stand by your decision and dont change it in the future sounds great to me. It fails from a math perspective but if that is the direction you are going the only request most of us would have im sure is that you pick something. YOU test it. Then stick with it. Every time you make...
  8. T

QA May 2023

Ok let use your example above. I am a healer trying to reach your imaginary +60percent healing cap that is implemented. To do so now I have to have 6 items with say +10 healing on them to get that place. Buy selecting those current items to get to +60 percent healing currently I have to make...
  9. T

QA May 2023

The smaller numbers involved make many items functionally worthless thou. What do I mean. When you start looking at percentages or percentages of percentages when the sum of those numbers are less than a whole integer you run into a place where many items simply are lost to rounding down...
  10. T

QA May 2023

What the heck is a blue stat contribution??
  11. T

QA May 2023

So things like making halt have a 12 meter range vs a 5 meter range would change things to be more player skill based vs being force into grouping mobs before casting. That would allow positional coordination of the tank (requiring higher player skill cap) without making the skill any stronger...
  12. T

QA May 2023

The skill prior was worth the sacrifice to AC, threat, and defensive abilities compared to the knight tool kit. After the changes the sacrifices to those areas does not justify playing a marshal vs a far superior tanking class. Unless there are plans to upgrade or change other marshal abilities...
  13. T

QA May 2023

I am 100pct willing to adapt to the skill changes implemented however. The skill falls way short of what it should to be currently. The combat speed of this game with respect to skills, threat, aggro transfer, number of available skills is relatively low and slow. To force gameplay which...
  14. T

QA May 2023

Not a problem I am already planning a re-roll to Knight from Marshal. Jugg and Marshal are severely lacking vs a Knight as a tank in every way. The recent changes to halt solidify that opinion. The illusion of choice is only an illusion if there is one very clear victor in every regard. Poor design
  15. T

QA May 2023

"highest threat they can reach" range on halt is 5m, if the marshal has initial aggro then uses halt on a pack while DPS are attacking the original mob the newly rooted ones do not remain on the tank which is less than 5 meters away they immediately turn and kill the DPS player because they are...
Back