Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Recent content by Shimizu

1. Shimizu

A Poll About Grouping Preferences

The sad truth is this game does not have the population to support the design of full groups being required to do anything It does not have mechanics in place to facilitate grouping (such as fast travel or teleporting to your group members). This combined with other disincentives (such as...
  2. Shimizu

evenings UK time

evenings UK time
  3. Shimizu

Discussion on speed of progression

I have to agree with the above. While I think there needs to be more meaningful solo progression ( in terms of things to do when you can't find a group, ala housing/decorating/achievementing or other non combat activities), I would not want to see the XP rate heavily accelerated. Most MMOs...
  4. Shimizu

Stormhaven Press Release June 2023

+1 to lighting solutions, lanterns, etc staying on when fighting. On my hardware, even with exposure setting adjusted, the only thing I can see at night is nameplates. If lanterns are bad for performance we absolutely need a way to tweak the brightness at night or at the very least add a...
  5. Shimizu

I'd like to better understand how the active character slot thing will work for those of us who currently play multiple characters. Do you designate which one is active? Can you change this? How often? Seems like its going to create an awful lot of faff with storage and shared banking and...
  6. Shimizu

To quest or not to quest?

Many of the quest regards offer better gear than you can get at the same level and are for "in between" crafting thresholds (ie, the lvl 12 quest weapons are notably better than lvl 10 crafted). You also usually get quite a few choices so you can pick your favorite weapon/armor type. I just...
  7. Shimizu

I know you guys are being really careful with how you are doing the monetization and I applaud this but - I'd drop some $$ on storage expansions if it was an option. Its worth considering.
  8. Shimizu

Long Term Stuff: Housing - Instanced vs NonInstanced

Just adding my 2 cents here. While I do like non-instanced housings, and it worked well in older games on older tech, it is somewhat impractical nowadays. I think there is plenty of "space" in the Embers world (zones are quite large and there are large areas that can be quite sparse in terms...
Back