Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Recent content by CypherWulf

1. CypherWulf

BETA TEST September 14th; what's new?

So... um... that raven is friendly, right?
  2. CypherWulf

Worried about the Linux client.

If the Linux client ever gets fixed, are there any plans to attempt Steam Deck support?
  3. CypherWulf

BETA TEST September 7th; what's new?

I didn't get a chance to play last weekend, spent the weekend relaxing with my fam and playing the new Magic set, but I'll definitely try to get on this weekend to check out the changes!
  4. CypherWulf

BETA TEST August 31st; what's new?

I want the pangolin as a pet!
  5. CypherWulf

Some Lore and Quest Related Comments / Questions

There is a quest chain that explores why the bandits are in the area, and takes you near (one of) the entrance(s) to the dungeon. However nothing that explicitly leads into the dungeon. The biggest reasons for going into it are loot from named monsters/bosses inside, exploration, increased xp...
  6. CypherWulf

BETA TEST August 24th; what's new?

wait, they weren't at all before?
  7. CypherWulf

Random things I'd like to see

Yes, because there's no way to ensure that they stick to one character, and whoever they do stick to has to move to range, causing them to drop from the top aggro. The closest thing to a strategy available now is to have everyone use their ranged attack from the same spot far away from the...
  8. CypherWulf

I think we can all agree that the biggest concern is the unpredictability of longbowmen. Improving LOS checks is great for pulling the mob into a safe(r) fight location, but once you start fighting the mob, you still run the risk of the mob deciding to run off to Narnia after a nearby character...
  9. CypherWulf

If a striker has the ability to generate more threat than the support, they can pull the target, and everyone else can fight from behind, as long as they're mindful of threat. The question is whether that is a possibility with the reduced aggro for range. If firing from range and in front of...
  10. CypherWulf

In that case, then maybe an adjustment to the range modifier for threat when firing from the front would be all that is needed to make longbow mobs feel more controllable. Like I said, I don't want to see them eliminated, I think the idea of a mob that you have to handle differently is great...
  11. CypherWulf

I presented another option, give strikers a skill that generates threat that can only be used with a ranged weapon, and make Defenders using 2H weapons not generate threat multiplier. This creates a different fight in that you have a striker doing the ranged tanking, and since they're not as...
  12. CypherWulf

The problem is that those different tactics boil down to "hope it doesn't back out into another group when it targets a different character because nobody can hold threat". The defender and support are effectively prevented from doing their jobs during a fight with a longbow mob, since if the...
  13. CypherWulf

Introduce yourself

Nickname: Cypher/CypherWulf IRL Location: CO, USA First language: English year of birth: 1982 How did you ended on this forum?: Excited to see where EA is going, and wanted to give feedback after the worldbreaker event. What interest you most about Embers Adrift? I've been looking for a while...
  14. CypherWulf

Feedback Fun?

I can't wait to see the result. Being forced to have the camera really close to the character to not have it knocked around by the dungeon walls and ceilings so fast that I get dizzy makes situational awareness tough.
  15. CypherWulf

If it's not some variation of "Rabbit of Caerbannog" we riot. PLEASE this. I'm not mad about throwing knives, but tanks need a way to get and hold agro at range in order to make longbow mobs not obnoxious. If you want to keep throwing knives, fine, but make them ordinary weapons that the tank...
Back