Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Recent content by Battlestorm

1. Battlestorm

Basic Guide on playing Marshals (1-22) Updated 11/10/22

So much more than just a great guide for Marshals (and not just for tanks, either). Well done!
  2. Battlestorm

Striker or Warden?

As others have said, of the three “base” classes, Striker is the DPS class. Once you reach level 6 you’ll pick from one of three specializations: Berzerker, Brigand, and Warden. Berserker - Purist DPS specialization. If you need it dead, none do it quicker (though they’re all quick). Talking to...
  3. Battlestorm

Q&A - Ask all your questions here

I’ve not seen that, might be worth a re-download and reinstall from scratch. There’s also right-clicking the installer AND the client and running them both as administrator. I did get asked by windows if I was sure if I wanted to run the executable, but I accepted. Beyond that, you’ll want to...
  4. Battlestorm

Maybe? Is it jumping to 100% and then going back to 0% and starting over again and again? Might help to know your download speed and if you’re getting any strange prompts, output, client restarts, etc.
  5. Battlestorm

You can! Hit “J”, navigate to the tab of the crafting/harvesting skill you want to unlearn, right click the crafting icon, unlearn that skill. Then find a crafting trainer and pick up the new crafting skill. Now, get that new crafting skill to level 12, drop the next harvesting class, pick up a...
  6. Battlestorm

Impressions of a noob Knight tank.

No problem. I thought that ES had a threat mod listed on it, just lower than the other two you probably have at this point. In any case, yeah, it’ll turn the enemy to you, but won’t keep it! Best to save it if things are shady or just spam it if the coast is clear and you want to contribute to...
  7. Battlestorm

Impressions of a noob Knight tank.

1. Enraging strike is a hard steal of the mob, but doesn’t build as much aggro as other aggro-abilities. It’s a great skill, but if it was on a shorter cooldown, you’d almost not even have to manage aggro. Always the right tool in your kit, but you have to balance your usage of it in the...
  8. Battlestorm

Your crafting template?

Literally doing exactly this, myself. Seemed like the right/perfect combo.
  9. Battlestorm

Magda Grey questline lost - no warning

Honestly, you’re right, there doesn’t HAVE to be a reward - that’s life. Having a zero outcome options means being a Brigand has its downsides - even from an RP perspective. I can respect that stance, 100%. I guess, as I consider the game as a whole, it feels a little too limiting for the...
  10. Battlestorm

Magda Grey questline lost - no warning

idk, see, I love that there are different outcomes, but if asking for more coin means I get no reward or story/lore…I mean, I can see how that would be frustrating. Going down a different reward path, sure, give me a different reward, that’s fine. Knock me out of the quest line and give me...
  11. Battlestorm

Scavenging Meadowlands Reward

Kinda like the Ranger quest in Northreach. It was a vambrace and an earring…after all that, I was hurt.
  12. Battlestorm

Quest and Boss for new players

I’m tempted to provide a list and order and likelihood you could accomplish it as a group of two, but like the other post said, the beauty really is in the exploration and discovery. In NHV there are a few alcoves, towers, and outposts with NPCs that you should definitely talk to…but don’t...
  13. Battlestorm

November 17th; what's new?

Safe moves, something to get the EA Team and their family (hopefully) through the holidays and re-introduce the previous level of stability as you work through the core of the memory issues. Sounds like the right thing to do, even if not the one everyone might want. Good luck! I hope that the...
  14. Battlestorm

November 10th; what's new?

The /rope command! I think this is awesome. We can save one another. :) The update says 90% of development time was spent on server memory remediation, but there are a TON of great fixes/adjustments, here. You've all been busy! I've heard several Marshals saying that they wished they had parry...
  15. Battlestorm

Missive or Repeatable task

This type of posturing is cancerous. These are subjective elements; none of us is the superior “nerd”. The ratio of “time spent” to “advancement gained” is not paramount in your arguments, not for someone who adamantly defends lore, discovery, and non-reward questing. It sounds like the crucial...
Back