What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Skill Ups for Harvesting

Blyte Plays

I feel it would be nice to have harvesting level ups come faster.

I'm a 22 Beserker, Hunter/Prospector

It requires a HUGE amount of skinning/mining to keep your skills up with your character level. I am lucky to often be the only skinner in my group, but I still have to do a bunch of solo play to skill up skinning. Prospecting I am very behind my level.

There is a reoccurring delima in my grouping experience, where everyone wants to play together, but they want their harvesting skills to be at the level of the content we are tackling. So we either sacrifice, and group up with all the animals and mining nodes just sitting there unharvested, or we force everyone to wait, while we skill up solo in preparation for the grouping.

It would be ideal, if we could harvest skill up faster through organic group play. There just isn't enough XP gain through group play opportunities. (We dont do much group harvest focus in my group) We like to focus on content progression and adventure, when we are grouped up.

I dont want the answer to be (focus more on solo harvesting). I only have so much play time, and if there are group mates on, we want to group. Not group up and pick flowers. We want to group up and adventure.

Also, it would be nice to have more sparse tin nodes sparsely scattered throughout the great sprawls of dryfoot. They are only in a few concentrated spots, and there are plenty of rocky/hilly areas with absolutely nothing. The concentrated areas will be overcontested with a higher population.

It requires a HUGE amount of skinning/mining to keep your skills up with your character level. I am lucky to often be the only skinner in my group, but I still have to do a bunch of solo play to skill up skinning. Prospecting I am very behind my level.
Completely agree. I have to mining, skin or harvest fully 1/2 of play time, just to Attempt to keep up and even then, it's not enough

I did Forestry/Prospecting on my main character as I enjoy gathering/exploring, so my gathering levels are ahead of my adventuring level by a few levels. I will agree that it does take some effort to level, I have spent more time solo gathering than grouped for adventuring.

I see a lot more nodes in group areas, and think this is awesome!

I'd like to ask yall to go one further, and allow you to flex your skills up grasping at nodes outside your skill level for XP. I'd say for every level you are behind a node in your skill rank, give a -25% chance to gain a physical return from the node. So its impossible to get a return from a 25 node, if you are 21, therefore you are still barred from nodes more than 3 levels out of your current rank. However, please offer the full harvest XP from the node.

What this will do, is allow the player who is flexing up in level a bit, fighting yellows and just turned reds, with their group mates, to have the opportunity to also flex up in their harvesting. As the jump in monster level often is coupled with a jump in node level.

I cant tell you how often I've had friends wanting to group, but cannot, because they dont want to totally be out of harvesting bounds.

I think having a 3 or even 4 level flexibility for node gathering, for the purposes of gaining harvesting XP, is reasonable. Often times, we do our best learning, while treading into deep water.

I see a lot more nodes in group areas, and think this is awesome!

I'd like to ask yall to go one further, and allow you to flex your skills up grasping at nodes outside your skill level for XP. I'd say for every level you are behind a node in your skill rank, give a -25% chance to gain a physical return from the node. So its impossible to get a return from a 25 node, if you are 21, therefore you are still barred from nodes more than 3 levels out of your current rank. However, please offer the full harvest XP from the node.

What this will do, is allow the player who is flexing up in level a bit, fighting yellows and just turned reds, with their group mates, to have the opportunity to also flex up in their harvesting. As the jump in monster level often is coupled with a jump in node level.

I cant tell you how often I've had friends wanting to group, but cannot, because they dont want to totally be out of harvesting bounds.

I think having a 3 or even 4 level flexibility for node gathering, for the purposes of gaining harvesting XP, is reasonable. Often times, we do our best learning, while treading into deep water.

I guess I would say its a matter of perspective. If you could reach up 5 levels for nodes and you have a lvl 15 node, then that node might give you best exp from lvl 10-20. This is a lvl 10-20 node, lvl 10 is required to harvest it, with higher failure rate but good experience. This is what the system is currently. Reaching up evn more would be lvl 5-20. At some point players will be out of those bounds, and maybe more annoying is giving you materials at 5 that have recipes and items that require lvl 10 to process/equip.

I literally had 3 group mates within 1-3 of 30 prospecting, and we couldn't do any 30 mining in the area we were in. Which was all 30-35 nodes.

They could hit the yellow monsters there, but their picks just cant even scratch a yellow node.

It's a real problem, that 25 nodes (very very scarce in the case of skinning) doesnt address.

Back