What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Mob pathing near zone border

Denley

Yesterday zoning from North to Meadowlands there was a 3 chevon bear right at the spot of zoning into Meadowlands.

Not sure if this is the usual path set for the bear or if it was chasing someone who then zoned from Meadowlands into North.

Sitting in North for 5 minutes and then re-zoning did not reset the mob. He still was there. I eventual just made a run for it and trained him to a guard on the road.

Not sure why the bear just decided to stand there (maybe stuck?). The entire server only had 3 player in-world at the time, so the bear may have been there awhile.

Not sure if this a bug or not. It does seem a little harsh if it is game design. I have not seen this occur in other zone in/out locations.

I'm pretty sure it was a bear that chased someone to the zone line. There's been an intermittent issue with mobs not returning to their "home" after their prey disappears which happens often at zone lines. Something we are aware of and will spend some time finding some reliable reproducible steps to cause it to happen. Glad you got past it, but yea it can be annoying when they are right there, especially something as dangerous as a 3 chevron.

Yesterday zoning from North to Meadowlands there was a 3 chevon bear right at the spot of zoning into Meadowlands.

Not sure if this is the usual path set for the bear or if it was chasing someone who then zoned from Meadowlands into North.

Sitting in North for 5 minutes and then re-zoning did not reset the mob. He still was there. I eventual just made a run for it and trained him to a guard on the road.

Not sure why the bear just decided to stand there (maybe stuck?). The entire server only had 3 player in-world at the time, so the bear may have been there awhile.

Not sure if this a bug or not. It does seem a little harsh if it is game design. I have not seen this occur in other zone in/out
This was all @Ranos fault

Back